Ifor Williams tipping trailers

blades

I'd sooner an older trailer, anything Ifor Williams has made or changed over the last few years has been lighter and not as robust.

I bought a new trailer [not tipper] yesterday from these people, they are good to haggle/deal with I'd have thought they would have an older model tipper in stock

I'd sooner an older trailer, anything Ifor Williams has made or changed over the last few years has been lighter and not as robust.

I bought a new trailer [not tipper] yesterday from these people, they are good to haggle/deal with I'd have thought they would have an older model tipper in stock

Hi Lee your right there mate the nestlings sounds at night mare mate with air tight side no good jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I just bought a shiny new tt3017 with mesh sides ramp kit and light guards and i can tell you all its built like a brick s**t house. The bed is made up of alloy strips with braces underneath for strength, new tail gate that swings from the top and it also drops down and covers the lights, it also has a brace bar in the middle across the top of the mesh sides to stop them splaying new lights and individual mud guards to EU standards. They have made the mesh sides so they drop down like the sides and they can also be lifted off if required and finally there is a little lockable box on the front to keep the remote control in. I purchased it from cotswold trailers for £4275. Love it.

I recently bought a new tt3017 to replace my stolen tt85.

I will not be buying another Ifor after this one, I have owned Ifors virtually since they came out and without a doubt this one is the worst trailer I have ever owned.

The build quality is flimsy, there are no bed rests until 600mm from the front of the chassis, which is just stupidly tight of ifors(I have a set on order so that I can put them up the front to support the whole body), the wheels hit the mudgaurds before the bump stops, the side pins that the dropsides hinge from are so short that if you are on a slight slope the sides try comming off, the floor is now part of the tipper chassis so that will be fun if it gets damaged or worn, the lip between the chassis section of the floor and the aluminium centre section of the floor sits above the rest of the floor (pain in the backside when shoveling stuff off), the top/bottom hinged tailgate is useless because it hits the floor when tipping hinged from the bottom pins, so you still have to use it hinged from the top, only now you have a flimsy handle that locks the tailgate from one point.

All in all I am completely unimpressed with the trailer as a whole and wish I had bought a second hand earlier version, we do a lot of pallet work and the bed blocks (or lack of) at the front of the bed I can see will end up with a bent bed, also the lip between the steel and ali bed will get damaged by pallets.

I doubt and will be amazed if this one will last anywhere near as long as my old ifor's, in fact I see it being sold as it is also one of the nastiest trailers I have towed stability wise as it gets very twitchy.

To say I am dissapointed is a bit of an understatement, and will be looking at the many other makes that are now out there, the brian james trailers look rather nice.

Oh there is one good bit with the new design, the flat floor edge is really nice.

tried an atlas trailer? much the same as an ifor but in my humble opinion better built. oh and cheaper. had mine 5 years or so love it, cant fault it. several posts on here about them, most of which i've added my sixpeneth worth to. tipper trailers ¦ tipping trailer ¦ flat bed trailers Hampshire ¦ box trailer West Sussex ¦ heavy tipper Surrey[/

There is a Ifor dealer that will price match Atlas and they are very close to where Atlas is based. Might be useful for anyone that wants to buy an Ifor. If anyone wants their details drop me a pm.

I have one of the new Brian James tippers. Also chatted to them at the IOG Saltex show trying to get them to make a tree surgery body on a tipper with a half roof and panel sides from the factory.

I think they are great, the indespension I had before towed as well but was noisy and fell to bits. I have used a lot of different Ifors, including the tippers and the new ones (in the last 5 years) the build quality is shocking. They are simply no where near as good as the Brian James.

Saying that I have only very briefly seen the new style Ifor tipper, never used it (it did not look very good though)

IMG_0102_zpsab34094a.jpg[/img].