Is it really worth it?

Hodge

Thats a very very good point Trad , Vets bills always have a call out charge whether they need to treat an animal or not , why should arborists be any different ? :001_smile:

Because some would start charging to quote etc, then others wouldn't and make a BIG deal of not doing, then the ones who give free quotes, would get more calls.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because some would start charging to quote etc, then others wouldn't and make a BIG deal of not doing, then the ones who give free quotes, would get more calls.

Thats quite interesting you say that . I had a client last week i wouldnt say criticise but said my ad wasnt that good because i didnt have things like ' free quotation ' in it . I didnt really think stuff like that was that important nowadays but i've possibly been missing something here . :001_smile:

Thats quite interesting you say that . I had a client last week i wouldnt say criticise but said my ad wasnt that good because i didnt have things like ' free quotation ' in it . I didnt really think stuff like that was that important nowadays but i've possibly been missing something here . :001_smile:

I guess to some potential customers it's important, the last 3 people who have rang me have asked first off If I charge to quote, I just assumed everyone thought it was free :confused1::biggrin:

This week I'm working I'm the woods for a forestry contractor, I really enjoy it as you turn up fell trees and go home. I got home to an answer phone message telling me a job I had booked for a couple of weeks time has been cancelled due

To them getting a cheaper quote after accepting mine. I really can't be bothered anymore, customers can be a pain at the best of times but they all seem to be trying it on at the moment. Trying to knock you down in price, I've just about had it with em:(

not to worry mate, no doubt you put in a sensible professional quote that reflects our professionalism in this industry...

ALL WAYS STICK TO YOUR GUNS IN PRICING is what i was told by many members on here...

if they get it cheap great for them, bet it wont be a qualified experince insured tree surgeon, just another bbc1 watchdog rouge traders moment going to happen! chin up mate... :thumbup1:

Do people mean "Written Quotes" or "Verbal Estimates" as much difference in law? Word of mouth and standard of work gives us most paid work now but there is still much to much running around pricing up against certain firms who are often council prefered contractors.:thumbdown: Hence the reason we stopped doing tree surgery contracts now and back to the woods.

Pricing work low helps the customers and not us all. I remember years ago the FC asking cutters for rates on a large site and we all gave the same price because we knew the scam and also subbed to those who did not have the final contract. Mutual benefit to those in the trade. :thumbup: