One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Eddie I spoke to you yesterday on the phone, apart from killing my phone, it was good to talk too you and there's a PM making it's way to you in a minute with what we talked about.

Having just purchased a Husqvarna 365 and having a summer use only Stihl trimmer, I though it better to use Aspen 2 than the normal mix.

Having no local dealer, I found an online dealer who delivered and had free delivery for items over £50. I've ordered three 5ltr os Aspen 2 for £56.95 delivered which turned out rather handy.

I've no idea if the courier knows what they're delivering so I'm a little hesetent in naming the company, but if they do it's a rather simple way for us with no dealers about to get our hands on some Aspen.

Nice one, but I bet he wont keep that up, he will be making a financial loss. And if the carrier finds out whats in the package, the sellers acount will be stopped.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Just over three weeks ago, I rang Hereford Mower Services. I was going to be on the area and had got my last 'A 2T' from there, "Sorry, we're out of stock." Never mind I thought, I'll ring back in a couple of weeks. Rang on Monday and got, "Our buy-in price has gone up. So we're looking for a different supplier."

I took this to mean, they weren't going to stock it in future. Looking on Aspen's website, I found the next nearest stockist to my present location, was 'Mincost' in Lydney. Different direction but only two miles more than a trip to Hereford. Gave them a ring and they had plenty. So picked up 5x 5L in the afternoon.

Great service, plenty of general stock and polite helpful staff. I'll use them in future me thinks.

Just over three weeks ago, I rang Hereford Mower Services. I was going to be on the area and had got my last 'A 2T' from there, "Sorry, we're out of stock." Never mind I thought, I'll ring back in a couple of weeks. Rang on Monday and got, "Our buy-in price has gone up. So we're looking for a different supplier."

I took this to mean, they weren't going to stock it in future. Looking on Aspen's website, I found the next nearest stockist to my present location, was 'Mincost' in Lydney. Different direction but only two miles more than a trip to Hereford. Gave them a ring and they had plenty. So picked up 5x 5L in the afternoon.

Great service, plenty of general stock and polite helpful staff. I'll use them in future me thinks.

Hi TGB,

I will give Hereford Mowers a call tomorrow.

The price of Aspen has not gone up since last April and we are the only importers of Aspen in the uk.

I am sorry you have been misinformed.

So pleased you found another supplier who has Aspen in stock and looked after you.

Please keep me informed about poor service and lack of stock from our dealers and I will try and help.

Kind regards

Eddie

Please keep me informed about poor service and lack of stock from our dealers and I will try and help...

I didn't attribute HMS's answer as poor service, perhaps I was only one a few buying from there. Can't expect a shop to keep stock in the hope that a few people might want it. But I knew you are the only supplier to them; so to tell me they were sourcing a different supplier, did not inspire me to hold my breath.

When I'm down south, I've an 80mls. round trip, so I get enough for a number of months at a time. I ring a stockist a few weeks before I think I'm going to run out, so I have some leeway and can arrange a schedule. I would've happily bought from HMS again but for the uncertainty of their answer. With just 2L remaining, I needed to know for sure that the stockist had or was going to have stock when I needed it.

Hi all,

All Ernest Doe stores have or can order in for next day stock of Aspen.

Sovereign House

London Road

Albourne

Hassocks

East Sussex

BN6 9BN

Tel 01273 834689

Broyle House

Ringmer

Lewis

East Sussex

BN8 5NN

Tel 01273 812707

Portsmouth Road

Esher

Surrey

KT10 9AD

Tel 01372 471009

The Foundry

Hurst Green

Etchingham

East Sussex

TN19 7QP

Tel 01580 860495.

I will keep you post as we sign up new dealers.

Hello,

Took the Stihl pole saw down off the roof today for a job and noted the primer bulb has gone a dirty yellow as though it's perishing.

Now I am using Aspen in the disc cutter and hedge trimmers as they don't get too much of an airing for much of the year.

Now I shall be changing the primer bulb and filling the pole saw with Aspen in future.

I'd also like to run the 084 on it as it doesn't get much use but the cost...BLEH!

Ty