One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

There are 2 sorts of dealers (and other businesses). There are those who are 'proactive', and those who are 'reactive'

The proactive ones will become aware of a product, and say " I will be able to sell that"

The reactive ones will say "lets wait and see if anyone asks for it"

So sadly, if you want it, you, and others, may have to ask.

I thought this was part of a charity bet that the wholesaler could get the retaier to take the product???

Hi Andy, nice to see you've given it a try. some people notice the difference straight away whilst for others it takes a little longer or even until they go back to normal petrol.

Just got off with Daniel from chipper-tech and he is very interested. He just needs to sort out the insurance and make sure all is in place before getting any product in stock.

will keep you posted.

I've just been talking to a very large company that uses aspen fuel for there saws and heard some very concerning reports!

It's been causing problems with most of there saws unless they are brand new!

And most of there guys have been getting headaches and dizzy from the Aspen fumes! Surely that's not good for you???

They have now stopped using it!!!

Though I'm cynical about the worth of the Apsen at the moment, cost wise, I have no doubts as to the health benefits. I fail to see that it is worse for your health than pump fuel mixed with two stroke oil. I also fail to believe it could give you more cases of headaches and dizziness. I do believe that some will look for any excuse to avoid buying it (I've thought of most of them!!). I think a large company will look to save money wherever it can, and several gangs going out and using a couple of cans a day is expensive. FTR I never had headaches from using pump fuel, and I don't expect that to change with Aspen.

Edited by Andy Collins

Hi HRG, these are very concerning comments on Aspen. I deal with many users of Aspen and have not encountered the ill effects of you mention at all. I have seen instances of engines needing a little retuning, but its not that common.

Southern Electric is a very large company, with many employees, have you really talked to ALL the cutters, and what percentage of them are suffering ill effects.?

Is it possible to be a little more specific on the nature of the problems with the saws? I would be very interested to know.

And, as a matter of interest, have you tried it yourself, and if so have you had the same problems?