Work climb

Paulfreebury

I've not done my cs38, yet! as I'm not in arb related work. but love to climb.

Your not using a saw and its not for money, so I don't think you need any certs, I've done a couple of comps and was not asked for certs at either.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There arnt any AA comps, you mean 3ATC (at the AA show) they say qualified, not sure wha they actuall mean by that, Nick Potts is the only one who can answer that, I have never seen anyone show a CS38 cert, maybe its assumed when people turn up with dirty gear with sawdust on it. :)

It's the Arboricultural Association, Arb tree challenge isn't it? I've just found the rules and it does state that all climbers competing must have nptc cs38! So that's my competition climbing out the window. Rupe you'll be glad it's not all covered in sawdust when you inherit it! ;0)

Your not using a saw and its not for money, so I don't think you need any certs, I've done a couple of comps and was not asked for certs at either.

You dont need them in an HSE way, but if the organisers choose to request them then they can, also the events are still insured so could be a criteria for the insurance.

I have done 40 odd comps and never been asked to show a cert, or seen anyone else be asked.

It's the Arboricultural Association, Arb tree challenge isn't it? I've just found the rules and it does state that all climbers competing must have nptc cs38! So that's my competition climbing out the window. Rupe you'll be glad it's not all covered in sawdust when you inherit it! ;0)

I guess so! Its run for the AA trade show, but the AA dont make the rules, Arb jobs Nick has that job and he runs comps at other locations (the student one for example) which are not to do with the AA.

Paul, with the money you have spent on kit it wouldnt be much extra to do a CS38, just takes valuable time is all, it might be good for you though.

You have seen the comp at the AA show last year so you know what is involved, should be easy enough for you, speak to Nick and see if he will let you enter?