any feedback wanted on CDA lances

daveindales

i,ve used a CONTROLLED DROPLET APPLICATOR on many occasions which was supplied by GREENAWAY... at the end of the lance is a spinner...as you pace up and down it flicks the emulsion...it only needs one droplet per weed provided that the conditions are good....i,e the plant is uptaking water...Worked very well every time....there is an "Beep" as it spins in order to calculate dose and coverage etc...

greenaway.jpg.b62c793ff9acadcb60a5433ea2d7a1f7.jpg

Edited by silky fox

i,ve used a CONTROLLED DROPLET APPLICATOR on many occasions which was supplied by GREENAWAY... at the end of the lance is a spinner...as you pace up and down it flicks the emulsion...it only needs one droplet per weed provided that the conditions are good....i,e the plant is uptaking water...Worked very well every time....there is an "Beep" as it spins in order to calculate dose and coverage etc...

What Is the greenaway like for spot spraying, as that is what it would be used for a lot?

Nomix chipman one for us

It's nice to be able to cover a large area without all that weight on your back- feels really almost office worker

On hard surfaces I believe this way is now the only way to spray- runoff issues with knapsack

Issues are wind- low wind speeds only in open areas

beeping- public often make some smart comment

battery- make sure you have inverter and charge during break times

Very slow on large areas compared to knapsack which we have gone back to

I would have thought spot treatment around trees on a large number over a large area- this is the perfect method. You will cover a lot of trees on one 5L pack

We also have used Nomix this past 12 or 15 years, a very good local based rep.

The chemical is expensive and one has difficulty in accepting/beliving that it can work in such minute quantities.

So the tendency is to slow up to see the drops, if I recall it is supposed to be one good step per "beep", trust the technology and keep moving.

One additional benefit is the ability to spray any small amount and put away again after flushing through, without worrying about the excess mixed chemical that would usually be left in the knapsack

cheers

PS

Unbelivabely good in wetish or patchy rain conditons, If I am right 10 or 15 minutes before the rain comes on properly and the chemical is already absorbed.

Edited by difflock