Inglorious Basterds

Tom D

I keep going on about Black Book, its by Paul verhoeven (robo cop, basic instinct, starship troopers, total recall etc) and very much worth a watch, its in his native Dutch (subtitles) and is based on facts (unlike inglorious) and its shocking and moving and very well made indeed.

Your right there Rupe, Black Book is a very good film. More people should see it. Imo a lot of European made films with low budges are far superior to a lot of the crap that comes out of Hollywood.

Saw Inglorious Basterds last night for the first time, didn’t think it was great to be honest, but then i didn’t expect it to be great, as it was a tarentino film, seemed quite cartoonish. I like war films to be realistic. Worth watching just for Diane Kruger though :thumbup:

Edited by Jack

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched black book earlier. good movie rupe, cheers for the heads up

That was quick! Have you got that love film instant thing?

Next up should be "tell no one" while your in subtitle reading mode.

No, totally different, thriller, very good. I just like the fact that European movies dont play up to the demands of holywood so you get a better film! This one is french, but the same can be said of the girl with dragon tattoo films, hollywood would never have made them like the original swedish ones. Not seen the daniel craig version yet and not in any hurry either!!

Then you can go too far in that direction though and start watching Korean movies!!!!!!!!

No, totally different, thriller, very good. I just like the fact that European movies dont play up to the demands of holywood so you get a better film! This one is french, but the same can be said of the girl with dragon tattoo films, hollywood would never have made them like the original swedish ones. Not seen the daniel craig version yet and not in any hurry either!!

Then you can go too far in that direction though and start watching Korean movies!!!!!!!!

like-OLD BOY:thumbup:

Exactly what i was thinking of! Imagine trying to pitch that to a fat US film executive!! Or imagine how awful a hollywood version of it would be!

sorry to shoot you down in flames rupe,but i am sure there is a hollywood remake to come this year..:001_rolleyes:

directed by spike lee,and stars josh brolin[see IMDB SITE ]

but what a awesome film [the original]