Alternative rigging pulleys

Are there any viable (cheaper:001_tongue:) alternatives to using ISC or DMM pulleys, these are expensive custom arb kit, but there are plenty of rated pully's on the market that are not specifically arb intended.......I like the pedigree of ISC and DMM, but dont like the cost, especially for kit thats not used a lot, any thoughts or ideas, or is anyone using a non arb pulley ?????

Mark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

You can get the swing cheek ISC 50Kn pulley for under £25 all in.

Stick £25 extra on your next rigging job, you know it makes sense mate!

Hanging big lumps of wood over people and property is not something you want to save a few quid on.

Couldnt say it better mark, them swing cheeks can take a right battering good pulleys hardly ever get the big cast pulleys out :thumbup1:

i have 4 cast blocks and 3 or 4 of the redirect style, and can safely say they all get used regularly. its rare that we only install one block in a tree, far better to spred the load. the last cast isc pulley i bought was 85 pounds, it doesnt take long for the daily cost of that to become pence

I wouldn't use the light swing check pulleys for negative rigging, only for re-directs and light or small bits.

Agreed, never block on it, and keep sizes sensible.

My cast block is still usable, but the sheave is kinked so it won't open. PITA feeding 45m through blank end first!

As John says, it's pennies in the scheme of things (5yrs and loads of rigging old), and I'll pick up a new one in the next few weeks.