Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical mate.

Skirting around answering a question by asking another question. Unfortunatley that seems to be a trend with some christians.

I asked a simple question, 'how do you know he loves you?. Please provide evidence to confirm this if you can.

As for your question, regarding fundamental christian belief? I wouldn't know. As I stated in post 7, I am an Athiest and proud.

I went to a CofE school and realised pretty soon that the big R word was definitely not for me. I believe in things I can see.

I didn't get my children christened as IMO that would be hypocrisy of the highest order. I had my kids named with a Humanistic naming ceromony.

I wouldn't have my child attend a church school, even if it had the best ofsted ratings if it meant I had to join a parish or attend the local church. Again, hypocrisy.

I wouldn't get married in a church even if the missus wanted a white wedding because it would be hypocritical.

Do you get where I am coming from.?

You can have your beliefs, all I asked is for you to provide evidence that He loves you?

Thanks in advance for your reply or for you next question if you choose to sidestep again.

how do you know he loves you?

Greater love hath no man than this. That a man should lay down his life for his friends.

Never underestimate the value of the cross, Christ annihilated sin at the cross, on this thread I see unbelief, scepticism, and a lack of faith. Even these can be overcome since Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. I love Jesus!!!!!! Why? Cause he first loved me. Why? Cause He chose to. Why? I don't know. Why? Cause I'm not God. Why? Cause only God is God. Why? Cause He is. Why? I don't know. Why? Cause I'm not God

How do you personaly deal with the implications of fossil records and the theory of evolution?

Carbon dating can be out by up to 3million years.There is lots of information on the internet covering these question if your are genuinely interested I suggest you go and look some of them up. As Im online now for a bit..........I'm off to worship....:thumbup:

I asked a simple question, 'how do you know he loves you?. Please provide evidence to confirm this if you can.

You can have your beliefs, all I asked is for you to provide evidence that He loves you?

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself a little?

Surely if you respect another person's beliefs, it is folly to ask how they know? They believe it is so, end off.

Love can never be proved (or is it proven? the more I look at the 2 words, the more I doubt myself), I believe my wife loves me, she tells me she does, and her actions seem to back up her statements, but neither her nor I can prove it ultimately. Yes she does things one may only do for love, but then she may have an entirely separate agenda?

And yet I still believe she loves me:thumbup1:

It surpises me how many of the non believers have to defend their non belief by putting down the believers.

We dont have to belong to any particular club, we just have to be ourselves.

I dont believe in god, but consider myself a reasonable member of society and let the others get on with their lives.

If we are not christians, we dont need an alternative title.

Never underestimate the value of the cross, Christ annihilated sin at the cross, on this thread I see unbelief, scepticism, and a lack of faith. Even these can be overcome since Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. I love Jesus!!!!!! Why? Cause he first loved me. Why? Cause He chose to. Why? I don't know. Why? Cause I'm not God. Why? Cause only God is God. Why? Cause He is. Why? I don't know. Why? Cause I'm not God

I ll add a 'yes' to the list! I am not a regular on Arbtalk.... Not a regular church goer either actually! :001_tt2: BUT there is something about it all that just makes sense (too me!! :laugh1:)

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself a little?

I am interested in Religions per se, although not religious. BUT as I believe in things I can see or have evidence to confirm.

I have had a lot of lengthy conversation with a couple of mates who are ex JW regarding this topic.

I just find that a number of Christians have an inability to provide evidence to back up there beliefs. I cannot help how my brain is hard wired and as such I asked to see evidence. Sayig it is that way because it is is not evidence enough for me.

Maybe it is just coming across differently in text what I am trying to say, as to how it sounds in my head... :biggrin:

Sorry that was not my intention just a bit feed up with all the questions from people who IMO just want a rant, and who are tryin to trap people, I know he loves me cause he gave his son for me, and I see his power in mine and others life's. I could ask you awkward questions but to b honest I cant see any profit in it, over and out

Typical mate.

Skirting around answering a question by asking another question. Unfortunatley that seems to be a trend with some christians

As for your question, regarding fundamental christian belief? I wouldn't know. As I stated in post 7, I am an Athiest and proud.

I went to a CofE school and realised pretty soon that the big R word was definitely not for me. I believe in things I can see.

I didn't get my children christened as IMO that would be hypocrisy of the highest order. I had my kids named with a Humanistic naming ceromony.

I wouldn't have my child attend a church school, even if it had the best ofsted ratings if it meant I had to join a parish or attend the local church. Again, hypocrisy.

I wouldn't get married in a church even if the missus wanted a white wedding because it would be hypocritical.

Do you get where I am coming from.?

Thanks in advance for your reply or for you next question if you choose to sidestep again.