Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

do you not understand what it is to have the faith THEY are trying to attain?

the whole point is to suffer and PROVE your worthy in HIS kingdom by HIS side

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear, all those willing to suffer for a dubious reward of ones soul vote now.Yes please god let a close relative of mine suffer such pain that they cry themselves to sleep and cause those close to them to suffer depression and despair.Please god give me more of this for I know it is worth it and the benefits to me are ........well , oh yes i am at peace with god .Not buying that ,like most sensible people I think.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a small minority of jerks in this world, some are christian, some are jewish, some muslims, some just plain old jo's, to say its anything to do with their religion, and worse connect that link to others who have no connection other thsan faith is just sh....:thumbdown:

I am talking about those who are legally registered as a Minister/Priest (not normal people who believe in one religion) and behave in a disgrace manner considering their full time paid employment and so called social standing and abuse that position.

It has everything to do with the religious connection and there is much more of a link than you might realise.

Should all resign instead of hassle to us.

I can send you a PM but cannot post on the open forum.

I am talking about those who are legally registered as a Minister/Priest (not normal people who believe in one religion) and behave in a disgrace manner considering their full time paid employment and so called social standing and abuse that position.

It has everything to do with the religious connection and there is much more of a link than you might realise.

Should all resign instead of hassle to us.

I can send you a PM but cannot post on the open forum.

Out of interest have people on the forum been in the same area with a person and ever felt a strange evil feeling? We have twice. (Once seconds before someone pulled a large hunting knife and tried to stab me in Derbyshire and once with a person in Norway who had come to visit us for a meal with his wife and we found out later had caused most of the terrible hassle towards us in the village)

every body else seems to have had a say on this so i thought id express the my opinion on the hole "Christian" topic

im not a Christian (much to my mums disappointment)

and i accept the fact that religion in its many shapes and sizes has been the driving force behind allot of atrocities through out the ages. and to an outsider allot of what people believe sounds like absolute balls. and their are still some horrible people lurking within religious circles using their position of power to abuse children or convince others to blow themselves up.

but if the average joe finds comfort in having a little bit of faith that theirs something or someone looking out for them then let them enjoy it i say, life can be a massive challenge some people support them selves with god some do it with drink or drugs. aslong as your not hurting anybody then go for it! everybody else should just chill out a little bit!

as a great man once said "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

and as a not quite so great man said "i gotta have faith, faith, faith..."

Hi, not been on here for a couple of days, just found this thread(about an hour ago - lots of posts!)

Here's my take:

I am a Christian. :thumbup:

I often say that I hate religion. To me religion conjures up connotations of ritual, duty and conformity.:thumbdown:

Christianity to me is all about the person of Jesus. He was a mans man who said what he meant, wasn't scared about opposing the staus quo and those in authority. He was no pansy - drove out the money changers from the temple with a whip :thumbup:

The fact is that Jesus of Nazareth was, born, lived and was executed on a cross around 2000 years ago. I believe that we each need to decide who or what we think He was or is.

He was either

a)a mad man, who was insane and didn't know what he was saying;

b)a bad man, who was misleading people

c)he was who he said he was - the Son of God.

I am a follower of Jesus because I believe he is who he said he was.

I believe that because I have tried to 'go it alone' and do life without him. Without my eyes on him and living my life as he taught I screwed up big time! I've messed up relationships by deciding I knew better than Him.

When I turned back to Him, my whole focus on life changed again and everything makes more sense.

Life is still sh1t sometimes, as it always will be. It doesn't get much worse than the last couple of months.

Jesus never said that it will be easy; if it was an easy life as a Christian I guess more people would be one:sneaky2:

My motivation isn't heaven or eternal life; it is primarily having meaning and purpose in life now. I aim to life as Jesus taught, and grow in (sacrificial) love for Him and the other people we're on earth with.

(Sorry for the essay!)

I'm always suprised how touchy people get on the topic of religion. some seem to immediatly get angry as soon as the subject arises. I wonder if it's like how realy homophobic people are actually gay. how many closet christians are out there ? I am not a christian nor a closet christian. But I share many of the same beleifs as should any good person. don't lie, be kind, treat others like you bla bla bla...But lets face it, if you were born to a different family, you'd probably be in a different religion. you could easily be jewish or whatever. don't matter anyway they were all based on the same book based on the same stories passed down thru oral tradition for thousands of years. ever play whisper down the lane?

We all have free will, but I think the statement 'christian country' means more that our government /law system was originally supposed to be based on biblical principals, justice, looking after the poor and aged and sick. Wether that is still true is debatable.

Hi, not been on here for a couple of days, just found this thread(about an hour ago - lots of posts!)

Here's my take:

I am a Christian. :thumbup:

I often say that I hate religion. To me religion conjures up connotations of ritual, duty and conformity.:thumbdown:

Christianity to me is all about the person of Jesus. He was a mans man who said what he meant, wasn't scared about opposing the staus quo and those in authority. He was no pansy - drove out the money changers from the temple with a whip :thumbup:

The fact is that Jesus of Nazareth was, born, lived and was executed on a cross around 2000 years ago. I believe that we each need to decide who or what we think He was or is.

He was either

a)a mad man, who was insane and didn't know what he was saying;

b)a bad man, who was misleading people

c)he was who he said he was - the Son of God.

I am a follower of Jesus because I believe he is who he said he was.

I believe that because I have tried to 'go it alone' and do life without him. Without my eyes on him and living my life as he taught I screwed up big time! I've messed up relationships by deciding I knew better than Him.

When I turned back to Him, my whole focus on life changed again and everything makes more sense.

Life is still sh1t sometimes, as it always will be. It doesn't get much worse than the last couple of months.

Jesus never said that it will be easy; if it was an easy life as a Christian I guess more people would be one:sneaky2:

My motivation isn't heaven or eternal life; it is primarily having meaning and purpose in life now. I aim to life as Jesus taught, and grow in (sacrificial) love for Him and the other people we're on earth with.

(Sorry for the essay!)

Hi I too am a christian. And Hawthorn pretty much expresses my views.

Hi everybody, good morning.

I'm Graeme, been reading and learning lots from Arbtalk for about a year. I've been really impressed by the generousity and helpfulness of many of the reguar posters, many of whom seem to have lots of the same interests as me. This my first post.

I am a christian. Happy to discuss!

Graeme