Pole Pruners powered

swinny

yes they are heavy, have used one when subbing, not sure if i like the finishing cuts made with them, as the oil tank etc can block the view of your cut.....:thumbdown:

I find it makes a much neater finishing cut if you cut from the bottom up, it doesn't jagger about as much plus you can see where your cutting, those echo ones are good with the reach but theyr heavy, the tanaka ones you can add extensions if you want it longer, theyr nice and light to fling about, try Abbey garden machinery they have good deals on Tanaka stuff, I have the 27cc model, slightly cheap looking cutting head/oil tank but its been going good for two years now.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We use HT75 - absolutely fantastic. Also use it with a hedgecutter attachment for the massive hedges we do. I'm perfectly comfortable using it full stretch with no harness for long periods and I'm not a big bloke. My work mate is a big bloke and he can't use it without a harness. He uses the harness with the support that goes up and over the shoulder - I hate using the harness, esp when up ladders as I feel it tips me back and does my lower back it. Without the harness you need some core strength and that soon comes over time with using it. Long and short, wouldn't be without it - one of the best tools in our box.