ref gun lamp kits what do you use thanks

mendiplogs

Theyre too bright for some stuff though, depends what you shoot and what with!

I've also used one of them "police" led torches, mounted to my scope with some modified scope mounts, it came with a "touch" switch i could tape to my stock near the barrel end of the stock, so had trigger finger free and ready :thumbup1:

I use a 270 with a dipper switch. It is fantastic for everything, though I don't gun mount it. The bigger ones are bugger all use in a truck. Surefire Torches (Tactical type) are excellent too. I have an 6P original with a blue filter I use for blood tracking at night, though I have used it in a "storming" grip with a .22 for rabbits. I'm not a huge fan of rifle mounted lamps, you have to point the gun everywhere you want to look, very bad practice with a rifle :thumbdown:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightforce used to do a smaller gun mounted lamp than the 170 and 140, it was called The Predator, you could fit with coloured lenses and it had a dimmer switch, think I got mine from target sports, bolton. I shot everything with it out to 180yds no bother.

Just to add, with the dimmer you could use it at 10yd range too.

Edited by cousin jack
Add something.

dont even bother using a red filter cap it will cut your range down by more that 50% your better with a green filter or get one with a red bulb or a white bulb had a ledrey gl4 good lamp long range at lest 150meters but i couldnt seem to make a rabbit sit with it but my mate have a copy of it he bought of ebay for aorn 20 pound it have a red bulb or a while one for rats i used a candle in a jam jar but it near some corn or a leftover of a chicken from the roat gets loads of rats that way and only shine the lamp if i cant see them with the candle light http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Beam-Hunting-Lamp-Kit-Ideal-Air-Rifles-Rimfire-/200705426879?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2ebaf9c5bf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-SUPERFIRE-12P-12V-Bulb-TORCH-Mount-Rifle-Scope-/390391234315?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5ae5217f0b

Edited by littlerob

I have a clulite gl13 on my .243 which is 1 million candle power I use green and orange filters when foxing I also use a smaller clulite on .22 with orange filter for rabbits both lamps are about nine years old and apart from the odd bulb have had no problem