Went to price a job today and could not believe my eyes

treebloke

• 1 month later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we did the job, they paid half in advance and the rest on completion. Left one of our trucks on site with them last night and no problems what so ever.

Fine, happy people.

That's great, I was almost hoping that would be the outcome to be honest. :thumbup:

"Sorry to stereotype, but I'd have found an excuse to go back to the van and got out of there! Even if they don't nick your gear, good luck getting money out of them, and mentioning court only puts you/your business in danger."

I wrote that before realising it was a 5 page thread so I read it all before posting. It is good that you've had a good experience on this occasion but my personal viewpoint is I still would'nt risk it. Had too many experiences on site when you see one drive past, straight on the blower, 2mins later 2 more vans drive past ... all the tools spent the remainder of that job locked up in the cab until needed and then put back. Too many stories of tree surgeons gear going missing and when it does happen its very rarely recovered.

Quote then like they quote us "gorjers"

Be ever so polite and charming and say it will only cost £100, then give them a bill for 10K and when they say you quoted £100 tell them in a stern, aggressive way, that was the price per foot. :001_smile:

(still won't get your money though :thumbdown:)

The guy called me back twice after his price (to be honest I wasn't sure who I was talking to) so I gave it him verbally, he is currently thinking about it.

However, I doubt he will be using us on this occasion:001_cool:.

If anyone in the Birmingham area wants some very nice Oak firewood (approx 10 tonne) let me know, they have a very large and dead tree to fell, you may need to do a Bat survey first though.

Was he English or Irish?