ldv tipper,help please..!

Martyn Amos

:thumbup:

Yup try the fuel filter, mostlikely slight water content then freezing causing the problems.

Love ldv's :D Shame i'm selling mine, don't want to though as its a cracking machine!

thanks swinny,she is a good old van and i dont know how i managed without her,did not cost a great deal,but paid for herself over and over!

and i havent even had here for a year..

400.jpg.d5a777cf3520b2a53ca79f52d8cdf284.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theyre a good bus for what they cost and they do the job well!

The daft thing is i just put an alloy back on mine back end of last year and it weighs just under 2 ton!

Bought an iveco 2002 as better refinement, steering brakes etc(crap payload)..... miss the ldv though, advertised it but not sure as want to sell, but its a waste to have it stood, but it's paid for itself, could be a stump grinder though?

Ldv's Rule :D

Theyre a good bus for what they cost and they do the job well!

The daft thing is i just put an alloy back on mine back end of last year and it weighs just under 2 ton!

Bought an iveco 2002 as better refinement, steering brakes etc(crap payload)..... miss the ldv though, advertised it but not sure as want to sell, but its a waste to have it stood, but it's paid for itself, could be a stump grinder though?

Ldv's Rule :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi evenangel I have an LDV on a W plate and exactly the same thing happened to me on friday 3rd. It was apparently minus 8 and I had loaded up as usual ready to go and off down the road, lost power and didn't make it much past 30mph the slightest incline and down to 10 mph. It is in the garage at the moment so if you find the problem let me know mate.

I've had a similar thing happen before . Turned out to be a small split in the fuel line from the tank . So it was pulling in air .

Makes sense, freezing weather making the lines brittle. Worthy checking, pump fuel up manually and check for air bubbles at a bleed point.

It was the fuel filter, turned to mush in the severe frost, I hadnt changed it in 40000miles oops! 15 quid sorted.

thanks for that,where did you get the filter from,i have not looked at my van yet,going to look at the weekend:001_rolleyes:

this week ive been working with the council,so van not needed

thanks to everyone for all your help......:thumbup:

how would we manage without arbtalk:thumbup: