arboriculture- what is it?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic post, Tony.

... anyway, they're my thoughts. Everyone else is entitled to their own! :thumbup:

that was a very fine post indeed, the time and effort very much appreciated.

kinda makes me feel a bit better about where im heading, after that conversation today i was rather uncertain!:thumbup1:

I like it as the Art and science of the cultivation of woody plants. Trees are only one part and not a major part at that. Soils, Micro and macro fauna, the enviro etc are all equally as important as trees.

The art is what we bring to it personally and is what ever you are keen on.

The science is dynamic and grows with more knowledge and experience that all associated bring to the table.

Very thoughfull post.

Why are we Arborists?

Why do we choose to serve trees?

What is a tree?

Does the tree connect with us?

Arboriculture is religious or spiritual connection.

Dendrosychosis does not get enough mention.

Tony I feel you are searching for reassurance, that's usually what I crave, just someone to say,it's ok! We are both extroverts , we make ourselves standout but deep down maybe we are a little bit lost.:001_rolleyes:

Right now, I am exactly where I want to be work wise, it is better than I could possibly of imagined, after 16 years of not knowing what I am doing tomorrow, I have security, my family has it, and life could not be better BUT I still worry, I still have a pit in my stomach, I am constantly looking for something that I haven't a clue what it is, I can fill that void with kit and machines, but that lasts for a few days then it goes.

Do I know your answer, no. I don't know my own. :laugh1:

I am 36, just a few years behind you. I have been in a midlife crisis since I was 30, soul searching etc, you know this, we have spoke about it.

I used to get lost in graft, work that hard I didn't have time to worry, I have always worried, I am just a worrier lol.

Tony, you make Arb what you want it to be, you write that book in what ever way you want, who cares what others think, even if you don't sell 1 copy, at least you would have tried.:thumbup1:

As the famous Mozza once told me

You can't plough a field by turning it over in your mind:001_smile:

Tony I feel you are searching for reassurance, that's usually what I crave, just someone to say,it's ok! We are both extroverts , we make ourselves standout but deep down maybe we are a little bit lost.:001_rolleyes:

Right now, I am exactly where I want to be work wise, it is better than I could possibly of imagined, after 16 years of not knowing what I am doing tomorrow, I have security, my family has it, and life could not be better BUT I still worry, I still have a pit in my stomach, I am constantly looking for something that I haven't a clue what it is, I can fill that void with kit and machines, but that lasts for a few days then it goes.

Do I know your answer, no. I don't know my own.

I am 36, just a few years behind you. I have been in a midlife crisis since I was 30, soul searching etc, you know this, we have spoke about it.

I used to get lost in graft, work that hard I didn't have time to worry, I have always worried, I am just a worrier lol.

Tony, you make Arb what you want it to be, you write that book in what ever way you want, who cares what others think, even if you don't sell 1 copy, at least you would have tried.

As the famous Mozza once told me

You can't plough a field by turning it over in your mind

argh theres some really good posts in this thread:thumbup1:

I dont need reasurance, there is a demon ego in me I keep caged, he is a narcasistic and very arrogant beast:lol: I dont like him much, but he is awfully good at what he does and by jesus he is strong! I am just afraid to release him and set him free, and what I might become if I was to succeed.:blushing:

Think you might need a stronger lock Tony :001_tt2:

Yes, and a short leash for backup should the lock give way. :blushing:

Midlife crisis at 40; hahahaha! At 60 the same angst will roil--toss it out and carry on! Fear of success is worse than fear of failure.

Arboriculture is the practice and study of the care of trees and other woody plants in the landscape. If you put myco- in the forefront that is mycology or ecology; a tangential variant of arboriculture.

That bacterial-minded Aussie--SR, perhaps? Or SF?