do you warm up before a climb?

cerneARB

do you warm up/ strecth before a climb?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. do you warm up/ strecth before a climb?

Only really started stretching before a climb in the past 12 months,Got launched of my old Kwaker Z1000 a few years back and backs not always as forgiving as it could be.Much prefer to look a like a tit twisting and stretching in somebodys garden than look like i've shat meself cos of the way i'm walking later in the week.:)

If i don't get a good few clicks from my neck before a climb i've not done the warm up properly.Is always the same in the winter though is'nt it?Old war wounds play up a bit.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM... intresting that; protein intake....im a veggie so my protein consits off quorn or nuts maybe i lack protein..thanks for bringing that up.

No problem, glad to help. If its not too easy to get due to your diet you could always try a protein shake. There easy to take and will bump up your protein levels. There reasonably priced also.

aye never did warm up but do now was getting lower back pains just lately. got a mate in london who told me to stretch my calf musels every morning when u get out of your scatcher and it seems to have done the trick.

added bonus u dont get the piss taken out of you on site

I injured myself once when climbing. I asked a few people involved in the sport industry who said that on the whole it was more important to warm down than warm up. Not that i do either...:blushing:

stretching cold muscles isn't as effective as stretching warm ones. it's more important to have them warm before you start, if your in a gym you should start with a short run, or light weights. then stretch progressively throughout the work out. but your hardly going to do a lap round the lawn. i personally stretch throughout the day, at breaks even in the tree(where possible). you'll still be sore after a hard day but you feel better the next morning. our job is as demanding on our bodies as most sports, so treat it like a sport.