Where the people buy the fake stihl saws from!

showoffsummer

After just reading a thread about a new saw on ebay I was wondering where these people actually buy the fake saws from, I sell golf equipment and get golf tees straight from china and this website sells alot of fake stuff as well as cheap golf tees and can't actually belive how easy it is to get a fake saw into the uk, can we do nothing about it?

report it to stihl?

report it to trading standards?

error - DHgate.com

Wholesale - Buy China Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesalers on DHgate.com - search chainsaw and put price highest first

cheers ciaran glyde

Originally these generic chinese saws were imported from china "as is" ie with no conuterfeit markings and were "branded" in the selling country, however china realised very quickly there is a market for anything fake and started producing some pretty good branded copies (not at all like the one currently being discussed) which would fool even some of the most experienced saw users and the weblink in your OP illustrates that point.

Stilh Husky Honda etc etc are all aware of what is going on and are going everything to report these producers over copyright infringement. Only this month Honda have successfully sued breach of copyright over two copy manufacturers of their engines.

The laws ARE already in place in this country. Trading standards have more powers that the police in a lot of areas and you will be surprised how many people they prosecute each year. Regretfully there will always be a market for people who want a preceived bargain- and all the while the market is there, there will be suppliers.

Remember- 75% of Rolex wearers are wearing a fake (and some don't even realise it)

I've used a fake MS460 in Romania where I stubled across a couple of forresters felling and decided to show em how its really done. To be honest it was not a bad saw and obviously reliable with some care as they had beasted it for over a year, but it is not comparable to the real deal. Just in Romania or other countries like that a genuine Stihl is prohibitivly expensive so these saws are attractive, the average wage is still £250 a month at best.

I feel really sorry to say this but I've got a gardentec green 52cc 18inch bar, got it from netto when they were around, copy of a stihl in shape, and I'm actually impressed, cost me 50 quid, use it for the rough cutting when I don't want a stihl to get knackerd.

The one thing I found was the break handle was touchy, not thats a bad thing, it would engage at the slightest touch. Runs good and revs fairly high. Even had a big limb drop on it, bent the handle a bit but still ok.

Some are good buys and I'm waiting for the kicks after posting this, I actually like the saw and if it breaks for the money I will just throw it away.

Oh and it has the same chain as an ms260 so new chain no problem.

Sorry people but I had to put this out there.

i dont mean to knock anyone elses gear, if it works for you, well and good! i seen an ad before where a guy was selling a pallet of 20 "stihl" saws for 87 euro each. my neighbour wound up with one, worked it for an hour and it packed in, no parts available in roi

It still not a stihl..

Is your safety not an issue?

I have a diy saw my bro gave me, as he thought it was a great idea to cut up logs, I left for him on a pruning job. I use it on dense ivy infested trees, as you never know what barbed wire or fencing staples are around. Won't use my Stihl stuff on this type of work. The saw is very erratic. God help d.I.y.ers . In the wrong hands these saws are lethal.