Simon's Widget - Progress, Feedback, News & Opinions!

WorcsWuss

Well, I've incorporated this evening, under the somewhat unimaginative name of 'Klime Products Ltd'.... registered in England and Wales donchaknow... :001_cool::001_tt2:

Hopefully we shall be on the way to a fully functioning prototype over the next week or two.... then no doubt some fiddling then off to the patent office!

The widget now even has a name, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for the grand opening...:thumbup1:

I'm going to phone my good friend now about doing me a website, making some promo films and so on... [Drew, you know who I mean, you're FB friends...!] so with a bit of luck, and assuming the costs don't blow up in my face and kill the whole thing, there should be something for you all to try [and hopefully buy!] before too long!

Hey, I'll have my own banner on the top of here....!

The world is our lobster, mange tout Rodney! :thumbup:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the thread (obviously not well enough:blush:), but what does this little widget do?

So without giving away your secrets, what it looks like or how it works etc explain what task it actually achieves, as i'm intrigued:thumbup:

I've read the thread (obviously not well enough:blush:), but what does this little widget do?

So without giving away your secrets, what it looks like or how it works etc explain what task it actually achieves, as i'm intrigued

So you should be.... and when it finally comes available you won't be able to help yourself but buy 3...!

In the 'fairy' thread, where I admitted to being a bit of a failure on a VT & HC, some problems inherent in that arrangement were raised, pull down point, tending slack etc.

So, being an insufferable fiddler & doodler, I have come up with a 'something' - [it does now have a name but I'm holding back on that one still aswell...] - which will THEORETICALLY resolve all those problems, improve safety, make you tea and ensure world peace, all in a shiny British made package.... :thumbup1:

In all seriousness though, early indications are that it can be integrated into closed hitch, open hitch, aerial rescue [srt & ddrt] and rigging [principally MA tag lines].

I also have a feeling that multiples of them could be a could potentially be connected to create a fiddle block type set up, but I'm going to have to think that one through a bit more.

Could this be the most useful creation since 'THE ROPE' for tree work...:confused1:

Probably not, but I want at least 2 in my kit..... chances are I'll end up with thousands of the darned things.... :001_rolleyes:

like a tape sling then?:001_tt2:

What?! YOu mean a tape sling already exists ?!:001_huh:

Be brilliant if you end up with thousands.... you can put them in for the next raffle ;)

If it works, there will be some in the raffle.... if it doesn't then there will just be 1... the prototype... and hope you don't win it! :lol: