Simon's Widget - Progress, Feedback, News & Opinions!

WorcsWuss

Thanks Neil :thumbup1:

does the "thing" work with all types of climbing systems?

Remains a mystery.... I believe it will but that's something I'll confirm when I try out the first prototype myself :001_huh:

My thoughts are it may 'become a climbing system', and one on which climbers could transition between open and closed hitch on without having to learn a whole new set of knots and techniques....

I now feel though that my initial ideas that it would integrate into popular existing systems were, er, misguided :blushing: .... Beyond that, when I think of it that would have sort of defeated the object of what I was trying to achieve, ie simplification and improving safety.

I don't imagine it will ever be as widely revered as the 'Hitch Climber' system but it may become an alternative preferred by a minority....

However, to answer your question:

Closed hitch - Yes, I think

Open hitch - Yes

SRT - Rescue only, not for ascent / descent

DdRT with mech ascender [sJ etc]- Bizarrely in theory it could work, although I'm not sure that anyone would, the thought of all that graunching aluminium sends shivers up my neck! :laugh1:

Edited by WorcsWuss

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who has filled out my first survey.

When I signed up to it I didn't realise a couple of things, one that a free account was as limited as it is and two, that I would get such a good response.

I have produced another survey to help me understand how we all use the magical world wide web, if you could complete this survey as well it would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks guys & gals...

Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Online_Habits