benifits cap @ £26k

Johny Walker

A "friend" of mine has been unemployed for nearly five years now,claims job seakers allowance etc,I was told in the pub Saturday he got a £750 tax rebate!! Can't be right,can it???

As for the £26k, I don't earn that working 7day weeks! The people running this country have lost all concept of reality.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno where any of the figures quoted come from, Ive been incapacitated through illness since early October, I get £89 a week for me and the wife to live on. To date, we have had no help with the house rent or Council Tax, even though a council official came to the house to assess us in October. If it wasn't for our savings we would not have managed. We have just beenin touch with the council again to pursue our claim, stating that our saving are nearly gone, and how will we manage then, and their statement is that it is our responsibility to ensure the Council Tax is paid, or face legal proceedings. So the benfits system certainly doesn't dish out money free and easy, and certainly not £26k a year. The country is on it's knees, it's been bled dry by the people at the top, not the bottom of society.

I dunno where any of the figures quoted come from, Ive been incapacitated through illness since early October, I get £89 a week for me and the wife to live on. To date, we have had no help with the house rent or Council Tax, even though a council official came to the house to assess us in October. If it wasn't for our savings we would not have managed. We have just beenin touch with the council again to pursue our claim, stating that our saving are nearly gone, and how will we manage then, and their statement is that it is our responsibility to ensure the Council Tax is paid, or face legal proceedings. So the benfits system certainly doesn't dish out money free and easy, and certainly not £26k a year. The country is on it's knees, it's been bled dry by the people at the top, not the bottom of society.

you have savings and are not a professional at claiming.

Edited by elfinwood saws
bad spelling

I can understand why there were so many children born in Victorian times with lack of/non-existent family planning and a high rate of infant mortality coupled with the hopes of the parents that their offspring would look after them in the absence of a state pension but why do we still support people who simply haven't got the common sense to use contraception? Child support, or whatever buzz-word names it goes under currently, should be paid on a sliding scale up to the third child after which no extra is available. Hopefully, if less money is available for rewarding irresponsibility then some common sense might be relearnt. I have no problem with people that want lots of children and plan their lives accordingly, only those that expect the State to pay for the unplanned and unbudgeted results of continual drunken or drug-fuelled sexual behaviour. :angry:

I work 80 hours a week at least for less than £26k

It makes me extremely angry to see some woman on prime time news whinging she can bring up her five kids in her smart house in london with car parked outside for any less than the £32k she receives in benefit.

Perhaps keeping her legs shut and moving out of london would help

I work 80 hours a week at least for less than £26k

It makes me extremely angry to see some woman on prime time news whinging she can bring up her five kids in her smart house in london with car parked outside for any less than the £32k she receives in benefit.

Perhaps keeping her legs shut and moving out of london would help

Best summing up of the entire thread. You should be in politics, Dean :thumbup1: