New saw, which one?

RobRainford

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got a 60cc saw with 18 or 20" bar, you will be amazed how little you end up using either the 260 or 660. Very good all round size IMO for arb work.

i love my 361, initially it had a 18" bar on and i was doing a job felling dangerous tree's at schools it was brilliant for that work! its now got a 15" bar on as i have a 441 with a 20" on and it was too close a match for me as the 441 hardly got used..... still sadly doesn't get used much as go straight to the 064 for bigger stuff....... just my tuppence ;)

Going by Jonesies prices (w/o vat) the 441 comes in at £474. With the 362 and 341 coming in a bit less. At 451 and 386

Kev: 460 did cross my mind but is just a bit too big for the gap it will fill. Plus it's a little out of the budget. One day! Maybe the apf? :)

I'm set on a stihl, I prefer them to huskies. Plus everything will match then! :biggrin:

the 441 is heavy than the 460 with less power and brittle plastics, if you can get hold of a 460 do it now they are a peach of a saw with durable plastics and good track record of reliability, i'll never touch a 441 again.

The 660 is big heavy and slow (unless its got a 18 bar) so a 460 is a great fill the gap saw between a 260 and 660.

I doubt you'd ever regret getting a 460 or a 361!

I'm looking at buying new. I'm tempted for for the 441 as I do like them. But now I am tempted for the 361/2.

Going through the company to save VAT.

I'll see if my local has any 361s. I think I'll set for one of those.

If the 460 is a good price at the apf, I may get one.