Starting from the Groundie

Treegeek

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers clever feller

Find what u want, click on the address (http:// etc) so it all goes blue, press Ctrl C at same time. Go to where u want to stick the link press Ctrl V and bobs your uncle!

(My daughter taught me!)

I started as a groundie. It's like a brickies labourer - try to anticipate everyone else's needs, think ahead - always! Try to have it all cleared up as they drop it! Learn your ropes and knots, carry stuff and think ahead. Watch what they are doing - never roll a fag without doing theirs, they needeth a fix to (Use theirs)! Drive, carry, lug, drag, push go for it and do not forget to ask whats next!!! Good Luck, a good groundie is a climber as well....(albeit next year and when your a good climber in a team - you must advise or tell). Above all, ask, question, then do it!

TEAM SPIRIT WINS, ALWAYS.

points 3,4,7,8 and 23 need revising or deleting.

some of the things just arent all down to the groundsman, an example, sheathing of saws. I wouldnt expect the groundsman to sheath my saws..and definetly wouldnt want anyone but me anywhere near sharpening my chains, or gaffs

Point 3 - So your groundies don't need a driver's license or reliable transportation to work?

Point 4 - I see nothing there that wouldn't be out of place. It's OK for a groundie to jump in a truck first thing in the morning and not check the oil? Or look to see he wasn't backing out over anything?

Point 7 - I see nothing there that wouldn't work in the UK.

Point 8 - Same as above

Point 23 - Same as above

That handbook would work from China to Peru.