A weird Pine Quote

Tree-Fela

Christ!!!

She sounds like a right horrible person.:thumbdown:

I hope you can cause her a load of grief with the neighbour.:thumbup:

I have had that type of thing quite a few times over the years ie asking to prune a neighbours tree and that they dont mind etc etc.(not talking boundary stuff here)

I dont see why people think its ok to do this with threes? They wouldnt ask a builder to demolish next doors shed or wall because it was casting some shade!:001_huh:

Although I also think some people should be forced to prune their trees by some new law as it is ridiculous sometimes.Swings and roundabouts well as long as its within the law.

Barrington- that is REALLY bad.:001_huh: 2 wrongs DO NOT make a right.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would inform the neighbour yourself, by knocking on door and having a face to face - once they return.

That way you are covering youself over any potential trespass, just explain the neighbours claims about the roots etc.

You should get their thanks and maybe a customer when they want some work done themselves.

Happy days!

Since then i have had a phone call saying i have entered a verbal agreement that i will undertake the work. so i can be prosecuted all that bollocks

:lol::lol:

Thats hilarious!!!!

I would laughed like a drain if a customer tried that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barrington- that is REALLY bad.:001_huh: 2 wrongs DO NOT make a right.

Sorry but not in my book.

Should we just ignore this type of thing?:001_huh:

Cause and effect, do something nasty and deceitful and expect to be punished.

Lets not forget she is basically trying to get someone to remove without permission ie steal from her neighbour. We all know what we do to a thief if caught nicking stuff from us.

Hi all

I drove past today to see if i can get a look of the tree. I have gained an idea that its fairly secure and its only reason for being taken out is that the neighbour isnt happy with it being there.

Since then i have had a phone call saying i have entered a verbal agreement that i will undertake the work. so i can be prosecuted all that bollocks

Anyway i have said if you want me to do the work get back in touch with me when the owner of the property is home and we go from there otherwise dont bother me with you mithering and threatening of legal action as i have entered no contract and i havent even undertaken any work.

I also said that i will then be in touch with the next door neighbour in around a week or two to explain what had happened while they was happily away on holiday.

People like that i dont understand if there willing to pay for it whats the problem in waiting till she comes home.

Grghhhhhhhh

Owell lets see what happens.

Tell her you will see her in court right after she has got out after her short spell inside for fraud :biggrin:

Playing devil's advocate here but IF the tree is genuinly dangerous to her property and it really needs work before the owner comes home there is a defence in law to criminal damage if the damage was caused to protect life or property. Proving that after the fact would be the tricky bit though.

You are referring to the necessity defence ( F v West Berkshire Health Authority, as per Lord Goff's opinion) but that needs to be absolutely watertight. :001_smile:

I disagree, some people need to face the consequences of their actions!!!

Sorry but not in my book.

Should we just ignore this type of thing?:001_huh:

Cause and effect, do something nasty and deceitful and expect to be punished.

Lets not forget she is basically trying to get someone to remove without permission ie steal from her neighbour. We all know what we do to a thief if caught nicking stuff from us.

Dont get me wrong- she ought to face the consequences of her actions- but to advocate/ encourage neighbourly dispute (for want of a better phrase) seems to me to be what she is already doing, therefore as bad as her. She needs teling, and IMO the best form of retribution would be to ensure that the tree never comes down at all!! I think that would be justice for her attempted dishonesty/ underhandedness.:biggrin: