A weird Pine Quote

Tree-Fela

Have just had a phone call asking could i remove a scots pine. I thought oh yes nice good day removing a tree, and then comes the BUT. She then goes on to say it is in next doors garden but there currently away but have gave there consent to this. I found this didnt sound right and that she was trying to con me into doing a job without the knowledge of other people. I have said if you can get me it in writing that she agreed to the work i will come and quote the job. She then went onto say that she thought it was abit to much over a tree and i explained my point of view and she then said that am to come round monday so we can discuss further.

Was after abit of advice of how to play it, should i go along the official route or if not what could be the consequence of doing the job without no written warning.

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without speaking to the people who,s tree it is i wouldnt even consider touching it ? you could still give the neighbour an idea of price if she the one who is paying but without speaking to the owners id leave well alone !, i had a similar one last year with a chap getting me to qoute removal of 5 conifers so i turned up at his house and he took me next door where we had to jump the fence cos he said hed lost the key to his newly aquired property :sneaky2: i thought something didnt seem right and on the wayout i noticed a to let sign stuffed behind the hedge ! so i phoned the estate agents and they had just put it on the market to sell ! , ive never been rude to any potential customers but i lost it with him and gave him a right earfull .

Go along, and ask if its possible to speak to them directly(beware they may get a "mate" on the other end of the phone)

If that doesnt work, in discussion ask how long the owners are away for, then tell them you are fully booked until then anyway.

If neither of those work, walk.

I have just phoned her back and i have said i wish to speak to the owner of the property the tree is on. To this i got well what does it matter if am paying for it she wont mind, and then to top it off she said that they werent back for another week so i politely requested that i come by then and discuss with both sets of clients and see what we can do.

After 5 minutes of talking and understanding the laws, i get the well its posing a danger in these high winds as the roots are starting to uproot. I have then said i will call round tomorrow to assess it but i shall not be touching it till

1. I have it in a signed written document.

2. Have spoken to the owner of the property.

To these terms she then said oh she cant wait that long as shes in fearful for her life i then went onto say i will call round in the morning to assess the situation but i wont be commencing work until the points are fulfilled.

Have i taken the right manner to go about it so i am covered on my end?