8x4 trailers

Lorry thompson

I've got an Ifor GH94 with the 10'' wheels for carrying our tracked greenmech and it's great because the floor height is nice and low so you can use the chipper in the trailer (and it loads the correct way round with the feed hopper at the back). They're dear new, but they are very well made. I got mine off Morris Buftons in Ludlow - speak to John there and he'll give you a fantastic discount over list prices. It's actually 9 foot long which put me off a bit but in real terms it means the chipper can be carried with the hopper at the back, and the weight isn't all over the tow bar (I think the GH range is designed with the wheels more forward than other plant trailers to offer a better balance point for non mini-digger plant if that makes any sense?!). I've towed our chipper in an Ifor gx 84 and it had to be loaded the other way around to fit, and there was a massive amount of weight on the tow ball.

:cursing:Cheers for the info lads I'll look into it could do with one this week. Has anyone else welded a tow bar on their chipper and towed the trailer about on site just wondering if it works?

Aye evenangeleatbeans we split up cos of you keeping me up lol am keeping me chin up mate keepin occupied with work just havin trouble seein the boys crazy woman:cursing::cursing:

Chipper is fine for towing, goes better in a straight line, if the trailers got a bit of weight you end up having to do a bit of shunting for big changes of direction. Iv pulled a 1.6 ton cherrypicker up a slippery slope with my 150vtr, did fine until i changed directions then started to spin a bit. definiatley worth doing tho. As for trailers you can get a decent used ifor plant for a grand if you look, Im going to take the bucket rest of mine and put a big tool box in its place 4x2 foot. somewhere dry to put the saws and climbing kit when chippers on the trailer, but im going to make it heavy duty enough so the lid can still be used as a bucket rest for my mini digger.

Cheers for the info lads I'll look into it could do with one this week. Has anyone else welded a tow bar on their chipper and towed the trailer about on site just wondering if it works?

Aye evenangeleatbeans we split up cos of you keeping me up lol am keeping me chin up mate keepin occupied with work just havin trouble seein the boys crazy woman:cursing::cursing:

will come out in the wash lor !

give it time to settle,theres always animosity with a split,and its very hard when there are children.

women are funny creatures,i live with 3 :001_rolleyes:

you will get to see the boys-take care mate:thumbup1: