So are you dropping your fire wood prices?

timberbear

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sold out & now selling green to customers stocking up for next year as my prices WILL be going up next year!

As for relating to utility prices, its a load of tosh! Buying in firewood from a supplier is a more expensive way of heating than say gas.

ALL of my customers buy firewood from me to either add atmosphere to their house, because its "cool to be green" or simply because they like burning logs!

I've found the enquiries I get starting off about price are the ones trying to heat cheap, and not the type that will either return, or the type I want!

HI 18 stoner your so right there mate ref utility prices and some customers like there logs very cheap all the best mate jon :thumbup:

Best year to date due to a local who set up selling cheap wet larch. Customers cannot burn it so coming to me for guaranteed less than 20% MC timber for which I am charging more than double the wet larch price. All word of mouth I dare not advertise as I will be running out very shortly with my next batch not ready until the end of March.

• 2 weeks later...
Best year to date due to a local who set up selling cheap wet larch. Customers cannot burn it so coming to me for guaranteed less than 20% MC timber for which I am charging more than double the wet larch price. All word of mouth I dare not advertise as I will be running out very shortly with my next batch not ready until the end of March.

I wonder if the batch that wouldn't be ready until end of march has been pulled early with higher than norn m/c :confused1:

Putting price up by 10% come April, I reckon. We've improved handling and storage so have have a better end product. We haven't raised our prices in 4 years. The price of our logs is not linked to other utilities, it is related directly to our time, effort, machinery and storage. I can guarantee that if our price puts off any customers, then we'll still sell out.