So are you dropping your fire wood prices?

timberbear

I have absolutely no intention in dropping my prices, it's just the question I was asked, my sales have been slow but constant with new customers coming in. Any timber left over I'll be bagging up to make room for what's needed to be processed in preparation for next year. My other option is to increase my storage capacity. It's a fair point on the price of cord, I had an email today and the price delivered in is the same price as the year before and about four quid a ton cheaper than last year.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my sales are down anyway ,this winter has been so mild and there are loads and loads of new fire wood people around selling wood for peanuts ,rubbish mind but most folk are ill informed when quality is concerned so there happy to buy it

Same here - I'm so used to selling out before Christmas it feels strange to still have dry wood.... but it's trickling out and I'd be surprised if there's a much left come May.

I've sold out & now selling green to customers stocking up for next year as my prices WILL be going up next year!

As for relating to utility prices, its a load of tosh! Buying in firewood from a supplier is a more expensive way of heating than say gas.

ALL of my customers buy firewood from me to either add atmosphere to their house, because its "cool to be green" or simply because they like burning logs!

I've found the enquiries I get starting off about price are the ones trying to heat cheap, and not the type that will either return, or the type I want!

I'm definitely not dropping price to get sales. I pay the going rate for cord and if I drop my price I may as well not bother doing logs at all! The cold weather is just about to hit so im just spending every spare minute chopping and filling my shed so the logs I take out are perfect and customers tell people and friends, hopefully creating more sales. I'm still new to this but I really enjoy it!

they all put the prices up 18% a few months ago didnt they? They probably felt a bit guilty puting everyones prices up 18% then announching quater profits of £10b or something stupid!

They have dropped the price because they are not shifting volume. This time last year oil was £1 a litre. Now its 59p still. The public are short of money if its mild you can keep the thermostate turned down. As has been said you dont want to be supplying the cheap seats. Its trendy at the moment to complain for no reason and get a part refund.