bin it?

bill

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, whats involved in that?

A quick way to see if it has any amount of decent compression is to hold the saw with one hand and the pull cord with the other. Gently let the saw hang under its own weight while keeping hold of the pull cord.

The saw should'nt drop quickly the compression should be enough that it falls slowish and jerkly. Hope that makes some sense :confused1: Its easy enough in practice but hard for me to try and explain.

Alternatively if you have a set of spring fish scales (ask a fisherman) I think it takes about 7lb to over come the compression on a 020/200t.

If you aint sure on repairing it then ebay it or strip it to bits for spares, amazing what the price is of individual parts. It will give you some insight in to how they work and how to repair them.

Or sell it to me for £50 :001_smile:

ive had a new carb, its been serviced and tuned and it stiill doesnt run right. it loses power and lets out a bit of smoke. should i stop spending money on this stihl ms200t and use it for spares or has anyone got any other suggestions?

if ur gonna bin it !!! throw it my way i`ll have it for spares :)

Only a suggestion .The 200T's have been plagued with carb problems for years .

Blowing excessive smoke would indicate a miss adjustment perhaps in the fuel shut off lever height . Most likely if not that ,still fuel delivery related .

Just because the carb is new or some mechanic worked on the saw does not neccessarily mean it's correct .

Then again it's nearly impossible to troubleshoot a saw over the internet .

its tricky cuz i think the saw is ok, ive spent alot on it already and am loathed to spend anymore on a secondhand saw. id never by another secondhand top handle again. ive checked the compression and it seems ok.

thing is when you first fire it up it runs ok, its only after a while it starts dropping slighty in power and blows some smoke (not loads). maybe your right about this fuel shut off lever thing. i only wish i new how to do it myself.

Have you tried running it with another carb?

Check the fuel line, fuel filter in the tank.

Check the impulse line (The other pipe that runs into the carb underneath the handle) for holes and make sure it is not coming loose.

Check the rubber boot that joins the carb to the engine for splits.

Take the carb apart, take pictures when you do it to remember how it all goes back together, clean the carb with carb cleaner, you can get it from an automotive store, fit a new diaphragm kit reassemble the carb.

I can maybe send you a carb if you are really stuck.

Al kindly gave me this link before, it helped a lot, http://www.zamacarb.com/pdfs/TechGuide_2007.pdf

Those little Chinese Zamas develop cracks in the fuel chamber for some reason or another .They run fine when cold but the crack opens up and causes problems when the saw warms up .

I know some of you folks don't surf the net much but I discovered this several years ago and made it public knowledge .Since they have been many reports from all over the globe saying exactly what I said .

Let me see If I can find a picture which I'll put on later after I get home from work .

It would be a shamed to shelve a saw that costs over 500 US funds for a 60 dollar carb .