Sun Dried African Firewood

windfall

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with goverment assitance! lol yeah like the african government is legit!

I wouldnt touch it, it wont be coming from a sustainable source, not on your nelly.

bye bye congo!

I don't mean to be pedantic or nuffink Tony, but Africa as such does not have a government.:001_smile:

Shipping wood from Africa is not at "eco friendly" and "a carbon neutral fuel". In England advertising them as such would result in hassle from Trading Standards.

Worth checking with the estate on the island for reliable fuel sources.

Hills, Forests and Glens - Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture

Dude don't pretend you know the IOM, specifically our government. Every tree here has a TPO, nothing at all can be felled without a licence. Specially not a tree in one of our protected glens, as in your link.

I have not said the African wood is Eco friendly, or carbon neutral you have obviously just looked at my website and are trying to be a smart e pants.

Don't forget I opened up this discussion.

Facts are none of us have actually tried the product or know anything about it other than what's on the website! How do we know it's not sensibly farmed with the support of the SA government? Yes it got wood miles but so has kilndried Latvian wood and there is hundreds of cubes of that entering the uk every month.

You have said you don't agree with it fair enough, but there is no need to get personal or start threatening me with trading standards.

Didn't go down to well in the office:

Date: 11 January 2012 08:08:45 GMT

To: Al Baker <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: [imad-actions] Oh dear

Bloody hell.....it looks like a joke!

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Al Baker <[email protected]> wrote:

Kameeldooring Sun Dried African Firewood 20kg Sack - Sun Dried African Firewood - Kameeldoring Firewood

This stuff is becoming a big seller in the UK as gas and oil prices soar.

I reckon it's as close as you can get to pure insanity.

Best,

Al.

Edited by Al Baker