Tattoo's and work

Arran Turner

What are peoples opinions of having tattoo's on show whilst working, ive got some but they are at the tops of my arm and covered by my tshirt. I wont get any on my lower arms just because of work and clients seeing them, this is just my opinion. oh and sun damage would make them look naff anywho

What are your opinions folks?

Arran

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don’t much care as long as they are spelled correctly.:thumbup1:

Your client (usually) decides on price, price and price the plasterer I used didn’t have an inch of free skin but his price and work were spot on.

Showing ink while working is fine, they are hardly going to kick you off the job for it are they? If in doubt cover it up while pricing.

dont see why it should be an issue unless you've got something offensive on your face or the like, never heard of any grief some of our guys have forearms tattoed i have my uppers (so far..) and wear a sleeveless when its warm never had any comment, tattoos are quite commonplace these days dont think it causes the problems it used to

A lad that workes for me has loads on his body, most of them have been done by a couple of his mates which dont look too good and arnt fully coloured in. when the weathers warm he has to stay covered up. I also make him take out piercings.

I also have a tattoo on my back and that stays covered when in cliants propertys.

so many people have tattoos and piercings these days does anyone really take any notice? Its not like we are working in a posh restaurant where you would expect people to be covered up. Sorry to say making him stay covered up in very hot weather is not on, I doubt any client would be put off by anyone with tattoos showing in hot weather, unless it said F off on their skin.

so many people have tattoos and piercings these days does anyone really take any notice? Its not like we are working in a posh restaurant where you would expect people to be covered up. Sorry to say making him stay covered up in very hot weather is not on, I doubt any client would be put off by anyone with tattoos showing in hot weather, unless it said F off on their skin.

Well said, my left arm is covered and I have Never had a problem, actually alot of people comment on how nice it is and find it interesting. People are so used to body art these days

I used to wear 20mm tubes in both ears, never had any complaints, only ever people interested in what they were. Most of my tats are covered by clothes, but again, never had any complaints.

Considering we get covered in sawdust, mud and general tree filth, I doubt many people are worried about a little ink to boot!