sage software

testcricket01

who uses this software for there accounts?

been told by a couple friends who own there own tree firms that it is a life changing buy, because it makes everything so rediculusly easy. im thinking about buying as its only 120+vat says you can make invoices and quotes with it make direct debits through it etc etc seems top software :thumbup1:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I managed the IT for a few SME & larger companies using Sage, their support is good, but I would say the software is pitched at small enterprises or larger as opposed to very small companies where one/two people do everything.

I havnt maintained Quickbooks but have heard that it is very good.

Be aware that purchase price alone should not be the deciding factor, its ease of use, the 'fit' to your business situation & support that are important.

N

We use sage Line 50 - it's as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

It has features we don't use but my biggest whinge is a) them (them geordies :001_smile:) continuously ringing up after a couple of years telling you you need to upgrade "or sorry we can't support it" or b) having to pay an annual support charge anyway - particularly if you have sage payroll which is a few hundred quid at least.

Cheap it 'ain't but accountants seem to love it and it generates lots of paper

I use quickbooks it took a while to find my way about I got it free with Barclays when I opened a account with them. One thing I would say it might be worth while getting some training on it. Once I got the hang of it I found it very easy to use. I just send a copy to my accountant every 3 months for my VAT and once a year and that's my accounts sorted I love it

I use quickbooks it took a while to find my way about I got it free with Barclays when I opened a account with them. One thing I would say it might be worth while getting some training on it. Once I got the hang of it I found it very easy to use. I just send a copy to my accountant every 3 months for my VAT and once a year and that's my accounts sorted I love it

Why do you have the accountant do the vat for you? Thats the easiest part. My vat return takes me about 30 seconds. Accountant does everything else though

who uses this software for there accounts?

been told by a couple friends who own there own tree firms that it is a life changing buy, because it makes everything so rediculusly easy. im thinking about buying as its only 120+vat says you can make invoices and quotes with it make direct debits through it etc etc seems top software :thumbup1:

I,ve been using Sage now for about 15 years. Currently Instant Accounts for the main business and Sage Payrol Line 50 I think for the wages bit. The instant Payrol would be cheaper but you can only process 10 people year and we exceed this. I could,t run the business without it. Great for tracking people who owe you money and for the vat return. Our training company also use it with great success and as mentioned it makes it so much easier to get you accounts done by your accountant at the end of the.

Another thing is if you set up lots of nominal accounts you can anaylsis your business so much more, see exactly how much business each customer does with you over a period and how much you spend with each supplier each year - then you are in a stronger position to negoiate deals and rates with them.

I,ve always found sage support very effective if not a tad expensive.