faster chain speed

Stubby

Can any one tell me how to calculate the number of extra drivers in a chain if you are going up from a standard 7 pin rim to a 9 pin rim ? I suppose its not as simple as 2 extra driver for the 2 extra slots in the rim sprocket ? Or is it ? ?

Yea well it came with that . Its an expensive after market one which is fatter and allows the saw to sit on flat ground with the bar off the ground (long bar I should say ) Its running a 36" .404 on a GB titanium . It came from a buddie of mine in Canada . I think its a 2004 ish Can't remember will have a look - - - no sorry 02 . Anyway it goes like stink. Fells to me it runs faster than my 3120 but of course not as much torque .

will those actually fit without modifying the tail of the bar? as i would think going upto a 9pin will be massive, i run 8pin .404 on my 084 and I would say that the sprocket sits pretty close to the bar on that

It will depend on chain length, as with a longer chain you will adjust the bar further out, only problem may be insufficient adjustment left as the chain wares.