Just got "That" phone call

eggsarascal

Really sorry to hear your news Egg. This is something that's worrying me at the moment - I'm fit as a flea, don't smoke, hardly drink, active life etc. I'm 44 and have had bad shortness of breath on exertion for past 12 months, and chest pains. Back at end of August I was staying in hospital with daughter and got hit with bibasal pneumonia and CT scan showed couple of problems. I'm now being seen by cardiac consultants and stuff, had bubble contrast echocardiogram that confirmed finding of CT scan, now got to have "catheterised cardiac angiogram" in few weeks and all sorts of stuff. Being in hospital due to my daughter's accident, and being his with bibasal pneumonia has kind of saved my life. Weird!

40s are a dodgy age for so many people. I'd urge everyone who starts suffering from shortness of breath and chest pains to go get proper checked out. Keep on at the GP, get referred to consultants. Make a fuss. Too many people say nowt and hope they'll just be ok. Unfortunately, too many of these die, often leaving partners and kids without Dad.