Chainsaw and scrap metal thefts in Biggleswade On 2/3 January

sylvaarb

Hi all not posted before but just notifying anyone in Beds/Herts the ****** have been out thieving again this time at our yard we share with other businesses on the A1 southbound near Biggleswade.

This time they took alloys of several vehicles just about every catalytic converter off a fleet of vehicles, is going to cost the owner his excess and no claims on all vehicles. His struggling and this could finish him off.

They took from us:

Nearly new black 1.6 tonne tirfor type winch with 20m 16mm wire rope. (we used to call these "jet" winches and they were silver then).

Two batterys from Unimog we are currently trying to sell.

Two job old Makita top handled chainsaw (anchor point snapped on second job and now cant send back).

MS200t - broken chainbrake where it always breaks at starter cord end of chainsaw also an arrow etched (well, scratched really) onto bar. Also just fitted a new carb a month ago.

Husky 350, AL postcode etched into top cover which is slightly different colour than rest of saw, new pot and piston fitted by dealer i brought saw secondhand from dealer 7 months ago. New 15" bar fitted. Quite a distinctive saw.

Stihl bg85 blower.

New england fly rope in orange rope bag.

Brand new yale xtc plus rope, red 30m. Second rope Only used for one job.

Site 14v cordless drill.

They also went through all boxes, paperwork in the vehicle dare say they know who we are and where we live (lucky were moving this month but still worrying)

Also left

If anyone is offered this or has details please let me or the police know. We will offer cash for any info relating to the return of equipment and prosecution of thieves. This happened to us last year at another and they cleaned us out completely chipper and everything, insurance paid up eventually but not decided whether to claim for this (500 exess and premium has doubled after last claim). Been wondering whether is all worth it but know that ultimately integrity and professionalism will pay off in the end.

Also really wish i marked kit better, think i might spray new tools day glow pink and have them etched.

If anybody has a good secondhand small ground saw for sale, pref husky 346xp or a secondhand tirfor type winch please post or p/m me.

All the best, happy new year and sorry for negative thread. On a positive note spent the evening kit was stolen building myself a new very nice mountain bike so was at least doing something productive.

Hi all not posted before but just notifying anyone in Beds/Herts the ****** have been out thieving again this time at our yard we share with other businesses on the A1 southbound near Biggleswade.

This time they took alloys of several vehicles just about every catalytic converter off a fleet of vehicles, is going to cost the owner his excess and no claims on all vehicles. His struggling and this could finish him off.

They took from us:

Nearly new black 1.6 tonne tirfor type winch with 20m 16mm wire rope. (we used to call these "jet" winches and they were silver then).

Two batterys from Unimog we are currently trying to sell.

Two job old Makita top handled chainsaw (anchor point snapped on second job and now cant send back).

MS200t - broken chainbrake where it always breaks at starter cord end of chainsaw also an arrow etched (well, scratched really) onto bar. Also just fitted a new carb a month ago.

Husky 350, AL postcode etched into top cover which is slightly different colour than rest of saw, new pot and piston fitted by dealer i brought saw secondhand from dealer 7 months ago. New 15" bar fitted. Quite a distinctive saw.

Stihl bg85 blower.

New england fly rope in orange rope bag.

Brand new yale xtc plus rope, red 30m. Second rope Only used for one job.

Site 14v cordless drill.

They also went through all boxes, paperwork in the vehicle dare say they know who we are and where we live (lucky were moving this month but still worrying)

Also left

If anyone is offered this or has details please let me or the police know. We will offer cash for any info relating to the return of equipment and prosecution of thieves. This happened to us last year at another and they cleaned us out completely chipper and everything, insurance paid up eventually but not decided whether to claim for this (500 exess and premium has doubled after last claim). Been wondering whether is all worth it but know that ultimately integrity and professionalism will pay off in the end.

Also really wish i marked kit better, think i might spray new tools day glow pink and have them etched.

If anybody has a good secondhand small ground saw for sale, pref husky 346xp or a secondhand tirfor type winch please post or p/m me.

All the best, happy new year and sorry for negative thread. On a positive note spent the evening kit was stolen building myself a new very nice mountain bike so was at least doing something productive.

Yes they did hit you very hard. Might I suggest checking out my thread entitled

means and methods of protecting your Kit from theft. There may be some additional tips on how to help with safe guarding your replacement items.

easy-lift guy

ELG, have you any experience of the type of thieves that many of us believe we are being hit by recently? Nothing short of illegal means will stop this type of person, and even then they are pretty unstoppable. There is a group of this type of person living near me, and the whole place is a no-go zone for the police. A few years ago a dwelling caught fire and the fire engine that went to put it out was stripped of anything that wasnt attached. This is the kind of person I strongly suspect is responsible for most of the recent theft threads.

ELG, have you any experience of the type of thieves that many of us believe we are being hit by recently? Nothing short of illegal means will stop this type of person, and even then they are pretty unstoppable. There is a group of this type of person living near me, and the whole place is a no-go zone for the police. A few years ago a dwelling caught fire and the fire engine that went to put it out was stripped of anything that wasnt attached. This is the kind of person I strongly suspect is responsible for most of the recent theft threads.

:laugh1:

You are not far from me, sorry to hear that you have been turned over, will look out for the saws and let you know if they pop up, not good.

I know various local villages have had their telephone cable thieved - I wonder who could be doing such a thing:001_rolleyes:

Hope you get it back or at least a fast settlement.

I strongly agree with this, I know of a builder near me who several months ago had equipment stolen by these people. There vehicle was seen near the premises and they were found by the police the following day with several of the items but somehow still managed to get away with it and set free to carry out this act on another decent person just trying to make a living!