Tricky to Price!!!

welwell

Looked at a great job today really good high climbs, the sort of stuff we all become arborists for!!!!

It's a big job (for us anyway) dead-wooding 19 mature trees, oaks, limes, H.C., a black walnut, tulip tree felling 1 acacia (mmmm) etc etc all good stuff. Problem is I found it hard to price up, I reckon 10 days should do it but couldn't really see the whole crown on most of the trees (woodland walk trees) to asssess properly how much dead there is in them it could easily go over... we all know what big old oaks are like to deadwood!!! They don't want a daily rate but also accept that we don't really know how long it'll take to we start. How do you guys/gals price these up, do you have a contigency or just bite the bullit?? Do you put a proviso on the quote in case it takes longer or is that just my look out??

Ta very much

i do like the sound of that wayne,count me in.over quote it m8,i know its a tough call.any1 else going in for it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do like the sound of that wayne,count me in.over quote it m8,i know its a tough call.any1 else going in for it

Yeh mate, but don't know who. Over quote sounds good, but in the current climate it's got to be competitive, that's why it needs to be on the nail price wise!!!

Yeh mate, but don't know who. Over quote sounds good, but in the current climate it's got to be competitive, that's why it needs to be on the nail price wise!!!
im hearing ya m8,quoted 250 to reduce a medium beech on fri just to get the work,got my new to the game brother to do it 2day,came up real nice.

I need to change my specs then we usually remove 25mm and above.

In the past we used to do 25mm and up, but did a big H&S dead-wooding job 35+ trees a few months back and they were happy with and indeed suggested 50mm and above, lets face it most of the time when you are going past a small bit of dead you knock it off anyway, it just saves struggling to the end of a long limb to cut off a pencil sized piece of dead.

In the past we used to do 25mm and up, but did a big H&S dead-wooding job 35+ trees a few months back and they were happy with and indeed suggested 50mm and above, lets face it most of the time when you are going past a small bit of dead you knock it off anyway, it just saves struggling to the end of a long limb to cut off a pencil sized piece of dead.

Sorry to mislead, not a job actually for the H&S.