single cab arbtruck storage advice

James Atkinson

ok so here is my problem, iv been running a crewcab ldv tipper for a while now and it needs replacing, i fancy a single cab next iveco/vw/transit kinda thing, simply because there cheaper to insure and lighter, but how do you guys go about storing all your tools? i know you can get one of those tool cabinets behind the cab but its an expensive conversion, I'm on a budget, would love some advice and pics please

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a transit and have a large box under the tipper bolted to the chassie on the drivers side that will hold 4 saws 1 blower 1 hedge cutter and other hand tools. on the other side is a smaller one that can hold 3 large jerry cans and 2 oil cans. They were all made to spec by previous owner and may be up for sale in about 2 months. If you cannot wait a firm near york make ali ones for about 179 quid

07 transit crew cab fully comp is £1100 with me as main driver and dad as named, and single cab is £1600 something, Recommend crew cab rather then single as its better for storing tools and equipment

There is more to consider than where your saws are going to live.

Crew cabs have bad geometry for tree work, they put the load over and beyond the centre of the back axle leading to axle overloads and unless you need the seating for a big crew, lots of wasted space in the cab.

As others have said custom lockers on the chassis rail are the best option, secure and cheap.

ok so here is my problem, iv been running a crewcab ldv tipper for a while now and it needs replacing, i fancy a single cab next iveco/vw/transit kinda thing, simply because there cheaper to insure and lighter, but how do you guys go about storing all your tools? i know you can get one of those tool cabinets behind the cab but its an expensive conversion, I'm on a budget, would love some advice and pics please

As you know I've changed to crew cab from a basic tipper, I found unless you can get one already converted the costs are too great, the strong box on top of the tipper bed doesn't work nor does it if it's under the tipper bed, great design when empty!, I have found that what you currently have is the best set up for ease of accessibility and security, what ever you decide good luck and thanks for you're help with photos.