Beggars at petrol stations

BobG

Whilst parked at a petrol station this evening I was approached by a fairly well dressed white chap who claimed that his card was not working and he needed £3 to buy fuel to get home. Naturally I told him that I had no change and drove off.

Did I do the right thing?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst parked at a petrol station this evening I was approached by a fairly well dressed white chap who claimed that his card was not working and he needed £3 to buy fuel to get home. Naturally I told him that I had no change and drove off.

Did I do the right thing?

Who knows these days? I wouldn't feel bad about it. If all he needed was £3, he wasn't going far even if £3 covers the minimum purchase. We all have access to help if the sticky stuff hits the fan. If in doubt your own safety is paramount.

They are about everywhere. I live close to a service station on the m1 and fill up there, expensive I know but easy.

People come up to me all the time asking for money for this and that. I was quite polite at first but it begins to grate a bit.

So you were right. Think about it no more!

SkyHuck was right fill up with fuel then send details afterwards.

I would have advised him to put the fuel in his car and then give his details to the person on the till promising to send payment.:

If you put fuel in a vehicle knowing you don't have the means to pay for it, it is classed as theft, I'm led to believe?:001_huh: