Anyone else experiencing trouble loading page

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dean described. stops with line at bottom on paypal and int exp - blue line at top saying not responding.

happens a lot and usually works on second go, just happened now and I remembered there was a thread about it somewhere.

This one is just to give you the feedback Steve. I also thought it was my computer or my old dial up connection. It doesn't happen on other sites though.

As Dean described. stops with line at bottom on paypal and int exp - blue line at top saying not responding.

happens a lot and usually works on second go, just happened now and I remembered there was a thread about it somewhere.

This one is just to give you the feedback Steve. I also thought it was my computer or my old dial up connection. It doesn't happen on other sites though.

Paul, I have just turned the Phishing protection off in Norton which has solved the problem, but it got to the stage where I couldn't log onto Arbtalk.

No problems loading the New style homepage, but wouldn't load the forum page because of the paypal button

Problem solved now but no phishing protection whatever that means

cheers Dean.

Don't computers just work by magic.

Normally I'm a great believer in the 'if it ain't fixed don't break it' school of thought. Especially where puters are concerned. I find that if I try to alter something, little blue windows pop up with very threatening and scary messages. The more you soldier on , the deeper into blue box/scary message world you get.

Also don't know what phishing is but somehow feel it may be hugely important, and perhaps holding a whole new world of blue boxes with scary messages.

Yours Reluctantly...

Problem solved now but no phishing protection whatever that means

I means i can reach into your computer from here, collect up all your bank details, personal information, and passwords, put them in a large bag marked SWAG, and use them to pay for my next holiday. If I wanted to.

See, us Lancastrians dont need roads or canals to invade Yorkshire these days!

Got this from 'Norton help'

"Phishing Protection adds a toolbar to your Internet Explorer and Firefox browser which provides you with information about each Web page that you visit. The information about the page includes:

If it is safe to visit

If it is safe to enter confidential information on

If it is possibly fraudulent

If it is known to be fraudulent

You can click the message bar to view more details about the status of the Web page.

In addition, Phishing Protection includes information about Norton Authenticated Web pages. Norton Authenticated Web pages belong to companies whose Web sites have been frequently mimicked by fraudulent Web sites. These sites usually belong to large financial institutions or are popular shopping sites, with pages requesting personal information. Symantec analyzes the pages of these sites and verifies that they belong to the company that is represented. You can be confident that the information you provide goes to the company with which you want to do business.

The drop-down arrow on the message bar provides quick links to the tasks that you can perform."

As you have to pay every year for all this protection, it seems a shame to turn bits of it off. I was rather hoping the problem would be at the arbtalk end so that I won't have to do anything.

I means i can reach into your computer from here, collect up all your bank details, personal information, and passwords, put them in a large bag marked SWAG, and use them to pay for my next holiday. If I wanted to.

See, us Lancastrians dont need roads or canals to invade Yorkshire these days!

I always thought you lot weren't to be trusted, sneaky so and so's.

I think the problem is the protection looks at the web page, sees a paypal emblem and because it's not a known paypal site, it rejects it