Attempted Land Rover Theft Stone, Staffordshire

mpb

Last night me & the other half parked the 90 on a public supermarket carpark off the main bypass around Stone & went for a meal. We came back & discovered the car was unlocked & the steering lock had been smashed off. Thankfully they couldn't get it started because of the immobiliser.

They got into the car by taking the glass out of one of the rear quarter lights in one piece and left it in the car.

Nothing missing other than an emergengy £20 kept in cubby box, it was just the vehicle they wanted as they left stereo, gerber and mag light etc.

So I've spent the day sorting out the steering lock & window. It's all back together & working once more. The only thing I want to order is some grills for the rear windows.

Make sure your vehicles secure & get some added protection fitted.

Martin

Did the police take any finger prints, hope you reported it!

a friend knew some game keepers who went to a big game fair a few years ago and a load of landrovers were targeted in the same carpark, they took roof lights hylift jacks anything that was easy to unbolt.

How did no one see them in broad daylight in a busy carpark with attendants directing parking? Just goes to show if the cheeks bastards take a chance its so easy

I have had defenders stolen in the past, I have a 130 and a 110 and dont leave them parked anywhere without one of these security devices on/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-SECURITY-PEDAL-LOCKS-TD5-TD5-XS-LOWER-DASH-A-C-/320817415443?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4ab2354513#ht_504wt_1141

Reported to the police, they'd worn gloves as you could see the finger marks on the glass. Forensics came out but couldn't get anything.

My Defenders a 1996 300TDi. So not new. The police did say they've been hitting the Land Rovers recently in Staffordshire.

Martin

When i worked at a landy main dealer it was such a common occurance! 1 poor old boy traded his banged up old series 3 in against a new tdci 90. Nicked within 3 days! New one on insurance, gone within a month. So pathetically simple to get into and steal its embarresing. Best thing you can do is fit a decent tracker, alarm and one of those pedal locks. Dont park in obscure back street places, having said that a friend had hers pinched from tescos on a friday afternoon! Next favourite is .22-250! Need to start ours and clear the 150 yards before i lean out of the window!!

One of my mates in Cumbria had a similar experience.

He parked his 90 in the church carpark after checking on some sheep, popped into the church, got married, then went back to the landy to check on some more stock before the big party-business to find the little back window pushed in.

The perpetrator had not counted on the dogs though, his very cute and very little collie took one of his/her fingers, the back door was covered in blood. The police were involved and all the hospitals warned but nobody reported with any missing bits. Hopefully he/she learned from it!

Last night me & the other half parked the 90 on a public supermarket carpark off the main bypass around Stone & went for a meal. We came back & discovered the car was unlocked & the steering lock had been smashed off. Thankfully they couldn't get it started because of the immobiliser.

They got into the car by taking the glass out of one of the rear quarter lights in one piece and left it in the car.

Nothing missing other than an emergengy £20 kept in cubby box, it was just the vehicle they wanted as they left stereo, gerber and mag light etc.

So I've spent the day sorting out the steering lock & window. It's all back together & working once more. The only thing I want to order is some grills for the rear windows.

Make sure your vehicles secure & get some added protection fitted.

Martin

Martin? not Martin Spooner by anychance?

Lucky they didn't get it! so common to pop the windows out!