I should be in Venice...

Jonesie

... but I'm a plonker and sitting at home instead. Might as well own up as the guys at work have already started telling everyone.

Promised I'd treat the wife to something after all the shows and free labour she puts in, so thought I'd take her to Venice for the weekend. Did all my research found the best hotel etc paid all up front for the best deals.

We left for Gatwick airport at 5am, queued up, handed over the passports and put the bags on the belt. After about 20 seconds the guy gave back the passports and informed me that mine had expired in August. (what a W****R i am). So we rang the cab company back and got them to pick us back up, home by 8.00 done £80.00 on cabs and lost the money on flights.

Lots of phone calls and smooth talking the wife later we are going next weekend.

Obviously all my mates have been very supportive and haven't taken the piss at all (much), especially as I'm the one with slight OCD and makes sure everything always goes to plan.

Come on, own up I can't be the only Nob Head who's done this can I??

Once had to take a load of stuff on a demo tour of France and Spain. Filled the lorry up in the local garage, the lass says "your home late", I reply "Home late?, I am on a mission to Madrid"!, "Got your passport?" she enquires.:scared1:The 3 hours it took me to go home, get the document, then head for the ferry meant that every transport plan I'd organised was no chuffing good.:blushing:

Once stood queue at Alicante airport for about an hour for the wrong flight.

Luckily, the wife has an obsession about setting off very early (she is always convinced we are going to get held up in traffic), so we managed to check in for the right flight just in time.

After 9/11 you had to get transit visas for america if you were passing through - even if you did not leave the airport. Muggins managed to lose his visa between arriving and getting to the next departure lounge. After much fuss with the authorities and profuse sweating I made the plane with seconds to go.

When I went to the ISA conference in Montreal I got the airport in Minneapolis and I was told that I needed a passport. Dang...I got hold of my neighbor, who had driven me to the airport, and had her bring my PP to the airport. I was on the next flight but my luggage didn't meet me until the next day.

After another conference I misread my departure and missed my first flight. I had read the departure from the layover city. that cost me a night in an expensive hotel...grrr!

Now I read and reread my itinerary :)