dog feed

tree monkey

you have a very good point there B2T. I feel extremely lazy and 'wrong' just pouring dry dog mix into his bowl every evening but without spending a fortune (and I don't go shooting) I don't see any other option. Although i'll gladly be enlightened

DRS I'm not saying the commercial food doesnt have its place in our fast paced society, but for example my little terrier catches the odd rabbit here and there .. and if she catches it then thats her dinner.. raw as it comes. Now previously if i had sat a raw rabbit in her dinner bowl she would not even have looked at it. Because I set it up as a game now she absolutely demolishes it. And I've tried this now over a fair period so there is no doubt. My neighbours have cottoned on to me doing this so they now leave rabbits out for me aswell. What about just once or twice a week thawing out some cheap minced lamb or beef ?

I spoke to a nice lady with a gorgeous young patterdale terrier a couple of days ago and she was moaning to me how she couldn't get it to eat properly....even though it was on Hills Science Diet!!! oh i wonder why???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dogs are working sheepdogs and when called upon they work there ass off for me so spending a little time preping food for them is a small way to repay such loyalty.

A working dog in my eyes is the most under rated and under paid member of staff a man can have by his side.

:thumbup1:

My collie gets yeasty type infections on his feet it goes all red and itchy and he doesn't stop licking we (the vet) thinks it may well be due to the wheat which packs alot of mass into most commercial mixes. So feeding raw meats/ bones etc may well become a neccesity for him. Do many of you feed your dogs vegetables (i realise a few shouldn't be fed to dogs), or is this probably as unnatural for their guts as drymix?

My 2 dogs get mince made for them from the butchers and science plan for the roughage.

I get about 20 made me a month and the bags are just over 1lb each and 20 cost me about £7. It's not greasy and it's mostly heart kidney meat scraps and a small amount of liver.

My bordeaux loves it, and the border terrier never leaves a drop.

I give them a break from it and put them on chicken and there thriving.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

My collie gets yeasty type infections on his feet it goes all red and itchy and he doesn't stop licking we (the vet) thinks it may well be due to the wheat which packs alot of mass into most commercial mixes. So feeding raw meats/ bones etc may well become a neccesity for him. Do many of you feed your dogs vegetables (i realise a few shouldn't be fed to dogs), or is this probably as unnatural for their guts as drymix?

The greatest mammalian athlete that has ever lived ' the greyhound ' is fed a little cooked but mainly raw minced cabbage, onion and carrots as part of its daily diet. :thumbup1:

The greatest mammalian athlete that has ever lived ' the greyhound ' is fed a little cooked but mainly raw minced cabbage, onion and carrots as part of its daily diet. :thumbup1:

That's just not true you could kill a dog with onions! Who told you that dung?

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk