Business advertising and the internet

Steve Bullman

Over the coming months we will be looking at running discussions to go into print with essential arb magazine, this will hopefully prove mutally beneficial for both the magazine and arbtalk.

I'd like to start off the first topic regarding Advertising of your business, particularly how you feel the internet benefits your business. For website owners, how much effort do you put into running your website? have you had it designed and left to do its job or do you actively promote it and work on optomizing your site for google?

please stay on topic and sensible in this one guys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the coming months we will be looking at running discussions to go into print with essential arb magazine, this will hopefully prove mutally beneficial for both the magazine and arbtalk.

I'd like to start off the first topic regarding Advertising of your business, particularly how you feel the internet benefits your business. For website owners, how much effort do you put into running your website? have you had it designed and left to do its job or do you actively promote it and work on optomizing your site for google?

please stay on topic and sensible in this one guys

We find that 90% of our business comes from the internet (http://www.arborworksltd.co.uk), we optomize the site monthly and get a good ranking with google, we need to update the pictures but apart from that the site does the work for us

I use google adwords, it seems to work for us ........ocassionally in terms that we are quite high in the lists. Keep getting calls from companies wanting to optimise the website.

How is it done, any recommendations of decent companies and costs?

How much does it cost to get it optimised on a monthly basis?

Our website is useful as a tool for when people get the quote they quite often will them check out the site, this seems to put their mind at rest that we are a professional company and not cowboys. I would like to invest more in the site and like said get 90% of my work from it!!!!

not being pedantic about spelling here,

but is 'optomize' a computer lingo word,

or 'optimise' ? as in 'make the most of' . I'm not sure of correct spelling either.

I'm a new business with no website, and the 90% thing gets my interest. But I can't follow the thread properly as I don't know what you mean by optomize/optimise the site.

explanation would be appreciated

site optomization without going into too much detail as it can get very indepth, involves a lot of work making your website "search engine friendly" to give better rankings within google/yahoo etc

Phew!!! Ive been watching this topic because I,ve not long had a computer and have just gone on Yell.com,this is way over my head at the moment.

As using a website as an advertising tool is all very new to me, tbh I tend to let it run on its own, maybe not the best approach. The reason behind having my site was to allow clients to see services offered rather than do a printed brochure. I have not pushed or promoted the site to its true potential, which is something I must look into. As for optomizing, I honestly wouldnt know where to start!!