Would a quad help my situation

gensetsteve

Grateful of any advice. We are on a slight slope and it gets muddy. the chalk is only about 4 in under the mud and its well drained a day or so of wind and its drying up. Part of the problem is bobcat and jcb and 4x4 jeeps. If I bought a decent 400cc 4x4 quad would this help prevent this problem by going lighter and help flatten it down before the frost comes in. I am thinking of moving logs with say a tipping 1 cu metre trailer 700kg all up. Also I could pull a roller or chain harrow about. Or is it just another shiney toy to buy and play with over christmas should I just give in and splash 3k on a nice Honda. :biggrin:

59765f3eaddf9_house001(600x400).jpg.404db18ffbe7a2d88f9217bed47e8ce9.jpg

Grateful of any advice. We are on a slight slope and it gets muddy. the chalk is only about 4 in under the mud and its well drained a day or so of wind and its drying up. Part of the problem is bobcat and jcb and 4x4 jeeps. If I bought a decent 400cc 4x4 quad would this help prevent this problem by going lighter and help flatten it down before the frost comes in. I am thinking of moving logs with say a tipping 1 cu metre trailer 700kg all up. Also I could pull a roller or chain harrow about. Or is it just another shiney toy to buy and play with over christmas should I just give in and splash 3k on a nice Honda. :biggrin:

3k would get you a nice track right through that that should last a while. if you go with quad try lots, my honda 500 was great at tow but the boss 420 was shite!

The picture was taken last year its far worse this year come spring I will pull a harrow across and it will look nice again. I cant put down a track as the bottom half is under option and should be purchased in the next year or so. I may go hard standing on the rest then as I will have no choice as will be using the remainder much harder. Its supposed to be the field behind the house so eventually will be empty again. Apart from the 500 houses :biggrin:

I thought I saw enough mud at my place this afternoon...I'm so tired of looking at the mess that I spent 2 hours this afternoon just trying to tidy the area up.AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know that feeling some days I just give up as the damage would be with us for months. If it freezes will be alot better.