How do I avoid hassle?

Daniël Bos

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOme proper funny replies :)

Seriously though, i'd try having a chat with her first. she may be sound with you. I wouldnt give her any excuses though regarding letting the horses come near the area of work and possibly get hurt. Horses are worse then sheep and always getting daft injuries.

If things do get funny with her, I'd seriously consider giving the RSPCA a bell. 25 horses or so on 5 acres is not cool at all and there is no way in hell they are getting enough to eat from that alone. I hate any type of animal cruelty and the saddest is from people who cant afford to look after there loved animals. Seen it plenty of times and the kindest thing is to get RSPCA in.

25 horses in 5 ACRES!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you having a laugh

Does the RSPCA know about this ? :thumbdown:

I had a single Clydesdale on 12 acres whilst working full time and one could see where he had eated it down.

Several possible issues:-

Who has control of the access gate and locking?

Could use the field on the other side of the hedge?

Sounds like you might have a bill for frog damage from thorns and a claim on the insurance if the person is a hassle.:001_rolleyes:

Check the rental agreement paperwork she has before going in.

For those worried:

The quagmire part is where I need to be working, not the whole field. The horses have plenty of dry ground they can be on, they just seem to choose to walk up and down the boggy bits for 8 hours a day to make sure I have maximum inconvenience:biggrin:

I'm sure they'll also be fed loads of that dust-extracted, bio-dynamic, organic, pro-biotic, lefthand-woven, imported hay that horsey people seem to think their animals need. They do not look underfed, just crowded.

If they had looked in bad health the RSPCA etc would have been there after I went to look at it this afternoon.:001_smile:

I suppose the conclusion is to try and have a friendly chat prior to commencing work and try and sort any issues she may have. If that fails and she's fit I'll try the roll about in the hay approach:biggrin:

She does, but is occupying the land illegally her rental agreement is over.

If needed I have a universal key (battery powered angle grinder)

The other side is a road.

Sounds like you might have a bill for frog damage from thorns and a claim on the insurance if the person is a hassle.

I'm normally very eco-green and all that. Yesterday I re-homed a shrew.:001_smile:

I'll make sure to clarify ownership and rights before doing anything, Thanks

She does, but is occupying the land illegally her rental agreement is over.

If needed I have a universal key (battery powered angle grinder)

The other side is a road.

Sounds like you might have a bill for frog damage from thorns and a claim on the insurance if the person is a hassle.

I'm normally very eco-green and all that. Yesterday I re-homed a shrew.:001_smile:

I'll make sure to clarify ownership and rights before doing anything, Thanks

:lol: "Frog" is the soft section under a horse hoof which can result in a lame animal if thorns damage this area.

Cutting the gate could result in the horses straying onto the public road and you being liable for accidents.

Just some advice to same more hassle

:001_rolleyes:

Hi if it was me in your shoes I would go about it like this .

For your own and the horses safety for me to carry out the work I would need some form of barrier between us Otherwise I could not do the work .

So I would ask the customer to make the arera safe for me ie installing the temp fence at your chosen distance .

This way you relive yourself from any problems if the horses tangle with the fence as you did not install the fence the customer did so it will be down to him if the horses get injured with the temp fence .

All my customers are more then happy To take steps to make my work sites safe if the cannot make it safe and I cannot then I don't do the work it keeps things really simple

Hope this helps

Littletree:thumbup:

Have you considered the horses are using the hedge for shelter as that is the area churned up? RSPCA often not aware of animals suffering and unless you know horses would you also know and ill animal? Worm burden will be very high with that number of horses even removing the muck.

The shelter from the hedge will be much better when I'm done with it. Laying a hedge makes it much denser, letting much less wind through. Bad picture, sorry but this explains it better than I can. The further section has been laid.

I know horses a bit, have owned horses for about 20 years.

I like horses, It's horsey people I cannot stand.:thumbdown:

Worm burden will simply be countered by silly amounts of worming paste by the ignorant masses.:thumbdown:

59765f39bd326_Draftthroughhedge.jpg.109427428bbab39943c06521be7c872c.jpg