Flipping customers.....ggrrrrrrr

Pedroski

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not being funny...but your second paragraph really should answer the question as to why your boss wants to make £100 out of you. You've found out first hand the headaches he has to go through on a daily basis, dealing with customers, getting paid etc...whereas when you work for him i expect you are paid regularly even though he may still be waiting for him money for a month after.

If you want the lions share im afraid you have to go it alone and deal with all the additional headaches :001_smile:

For the record, 1 week is absolutely nothing to wait....I hate to say it, but i doubt you will get repeat work from that customer now. I know Mr Blair will no doubt disagree with me and probably argue that you don't want customers like that anyway :biggrin:

Steve, I often do a big chunk of the headache stuff. The thing that galls me is lack of financial acknowledgement for supplying all my own Stihl gear, all my own PPE, my own transport, and so on. Also, remember I'm self-employed - so I'm saving mate the "headache" of paying my tax and NI, and the "headache" of giving me paid holiday and sick pay and all the other stuff he'd have to put up with if I was actually an employee. I save him so many headaches. Yet he will pay his father or his brother £150+/day on the rare time we have to have them on a job. I really do believe he's having a laugh.

BTW, I picked up cheque today for £1750 - shame it's post-dated to 23rd!

Well thats not really his fault to be fair...you are self employed that means you should be the one setting the rate he pays you, not him. Then he can choose weather to employ you or not.

If you ask for more money then of course hes going to try haggle. Be firm, set your rates and be prepared to walk if they're not met :)

ditto what Steve says.:thumbup1:

at least you have the cheque now and have learned some stuff about life and business.:001_smile: Now man up and stick some pics on the lunge thread with the cheque:thumbup:

Yep, I know. I'll see if I can get an extra 20/day in new year.... What makes it hard is that he's a mate I've been mates with since we were kids, and you kind of have faith in people. He helped me out with work while I was doing uni and things would have been really hard otherwise. Will see what happens.

Here's a pic of the pops.... the one we just did is the pollard toward the left. This had huge branches all on left hand side and out over field entrance and road. The others coming up in new year. Height over 100ft, so we're kind of halving them. They all have so much rot in top, and one has masses of woodpecker damage.

Photo0442.jpg.61c99348c9ed8ecf065ade3adc428974.jpg

Pollarded or killed Pedroski ? that is the question....:001_tt2::thumbup:

Well, this is the thing. Customer want felled, FC bloke wanted pollarded. And I know pollarding will kill an old pop like that, so gawd knows why FC bloke suggested pollard. Once we had a proper gander up top though, it was clear that there was no point in doing what we wanted, which was reduction in height and drop-crotch pruning of side branches as the whole lot is already well on its way out. We're hoping customer gets felling licence granted again in new year as otherwise he's going to end up with a quartet of telegraph poles! :lol:

Well, this is the thing. Customer want felled, FC bloke wanted pollarded. And I know pollarding will kill an old pop like that, so gawd knows why FC bloke suggested pollard. Once we had a proper gander up top though, it was clear that there was no point in doing what we wanted, which was reduction in height and drop-crotch pruning of side branches as the whole lot is already well on its way out. We're hoping customer gets felling licence granted again in new year as otherwise he's going to end up with a quartet of telegraph poles! :lol:

lol!! just having abit of banter Pedro, professional job my friend :thumbup:

Did a very small job in the middle of November for the car hire firm which provided the loan car after my recent accident and invoiced them on the day, invoice stating payable within 14 days. Had to collect something I had left behind yesterday so gave them a gentle reminder for payment and manager acted surprised that it had not been paid by head office. Told him I didn't mind popping in every time I was passing (it is very local to me) in my most disreputable ballistics and asking for payment loudly and indiscretely until I get my money :biggrin: