Flipping customers.....ggrrrrrrr

Pedroski

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but thats just nonsense.

Even if you go bust the receiver will still want the money off them. Fact.

That is true but the liquidator or receiver is primarily interested in their own fee first. Once they have that in the bag, they have to balance the possible gain from making debtors pay against the costs of recovery. Ime if what you owe them is 5% or less of total debtors they will not litigate to recover the money especially if you counterclaim for defective goods or services (wether true or not).

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

I had the same at the start of the week. Finished 4 days of work & got a check only to find they had dated it for the 23rd 10 days after id finished the work!! & a merry christmas to you too!!!

Pay the cheque into the bank as it will probably go through, the tellers can't be bothered with post dated cheques.

Just sent customer an email and will try calling him shortly.... as it's just dawned on me that he's over 70 and going off skiing for the week and I'll have a right load of hassle getting paid if he gets hurt.

The guy is 70!

You could of well had his pants off there! Charge him three times the price then march him down the bank for payment before the ink is dry on the 'estimate'.:001_rolleyes:

It would be a terrible loss if he died before paying you, especially this close to Christmas.:thumbdown:

Pay the cheque into the bank as it will probably go through, the tellers can't be bothered with post dated cheques.

Problem is i think it will bounce, if they dont transfer or havent transfered it into that account yet! I have a good mind to go in his butchers & have aload of meat & say ill see you next tuesday after christmas

Sometimes you have to trust your first instincts . When I quote for a job 99% of the time while I'm there I am also making a mental note of what the customer is saying ie Remove that conifer Oh and you can just do that little shrub if you want ? The later phrase would set my alarm bells ringing .You can generally get a feel for the awkward customer on the quote .

I never expect to get paid on completion, my quotes clearly states 30 days. I have 30 days to pay my suppliers, thats how business works. IMO if you can't wait 30 days your doing something wrong.

Like I said, the reason I can't wait 30 days is that I'm just starting to get some work off my own back to get out of the £100/day minus expenses minus tax minus NI rutt that I've been stuck in for too long and is causing me to get poorer and poorer. Once I've got a few more jobs under my belt and a bit more money in the bank then I can afford to allow people time to pay, but even then I think for a small business 30 days wait is unreasonable. Also, this bloke had agreed to my quote and wanted the work done urgently. If I do something urgently for him, then the least he should do is pay promptly.