Why do things break at the wrong time?

Hodge

I'm not gonna name names mate as they might not have done it and also they wouldn't do it on purpose, I just think if I don't hire it out and something goes wrong it's my fault and that's that. In the past it has come back with the tracks full of mud, tool 2 hours to pressure wash and re grease, a couple of bits came back bent, it's not worth the hassle.

thats the problem with hiring out, I got fed up of that when i used to hire few bits of kit out, Mr Nobody did it everytime i found. Then when our tractor and trailer got sold on whilst on hire that finished it. Haven't looked back really, i didn't charge enough proabably cuz i wasn't trying to be big at it so i don't think its really lost me much in the end! :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are competent with mechanical things then go for it, you need some tools also, a bearing puller and torque wrench.

you can do it without a bearing puller, we chocked ours up some breeze blocks, with 2 metal rods running across under the bearing cup and tapped the shaft through

you can do it without a bearing puller, we chocked ours up some breeze blocks, with 2 metal rods running across under the bearing cup and tapped the shaft through

Lucky you, as a trained mechanic I prefer the right tools to do the job!:) LOL!!

Things breaking at the wrong time! After delivering a load of logs this afternoon down the end of a small dead end lane at about 430 today I saw an old telehandler coming down the lane towards me ,no lights or glass ect nothing unusual round these parts and as he went to pull up on the verge it just stopped and my old nextdoor neighbour jumped out looking flustered walked up and said "oh i am glad its you". Then I spent the next fourty five minutes in the dark and rain getting covered in diesel. Turns out he just brought the handler and pulled it out of the brambles as it had not been moved for six years.Older boys like him ought to know really Friday afternoon just before dark is not the time to do jobs like this.

Dont spose he cares the handler has got a 4 ton lift and 9m reach and he gave 300 quid for it the jammy git

Things breaking at the wrong time! After delivering a load of logs this afternoon down the end of a small dead end lane at about 430 today I saw an old telehandler coming down the lane towards me ,no lights or glass ect nothing unusual round these parts and as he went to pull up on the verge it just stopped and my old nextdoor neighbour jumped out looking flustered walked up and said "oh i am glad its you". Then I spent the next fourty five minutes in the dark and rain getting covered in diesel. Turns out he just brought the handler and pulled it out of the brambles as it had not been moved for six years.Older boys like him ought to know really Friday afternoon just before dark is not the time to do jobs like this.

Dont spose he cares the handler has got a 4 ton lift and 9m reach and he gave 300 quid for it the jammy git

bargain!!!