Mans best friend

welwell

I saw a family` never hurt a fly' dog rip into a 3 year olds face on a beach a few years back. It was an unprovoked attack. If it had been my child I would have killed the dog on the spot. Indeed if a dog ever did I would. I wonder how any of you dog fans would react to me killing your dog for attacking my child? I've asked this before and the reaction is usually quite shocking.

If one of my dogs did that, I would shoot it on the spot. Anybody who would do otherwise is a fool.

I like my dogs totaly well trained, they are not allowed to even eat without my say.

I trust my dogs implicitely with my children.

It's not often that Dagmar and I see eye to eye on anything. Dogs do not feel love. That is not rational. If dogs are elevated by their owner to such a lofty position in the family unit and bestowed with the emotions of Humans, it follows that other complex animal species are also capable of such emotions.

Now I don't want to start some crazy debate on animal rights here as this was a `should I get a dog' thread.

Peace.

I agree, that this is not really the place to start this, but for the record…..

For various reasons, I have done a lot of reading recently into Quantum Physics, Consciousness Research, Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality, and believe me we are living in interesting times.

The scientific community is aligning itself with religion and spirituality, with the idea that consciousness exists and flows through everything in a similar way to energy….

To say that animals feel emotions is a natural and reasonable normality that can be, and is, rationally argued by an increasing number of academics.

I will not even attempt to cover it here, and will do no more than say….. keep an open mind to the evolution in human understanding…..

We will soon be asked to adopt completely revolutionary ideas that the human populations has not been expected to contemplate since it was discovered that the world was round and then that the moon and sun did not rotate around the earth…….

Something to be discussed over a pint or two.....

:beer::beer:

We will soon be asked to adopt completely revolutionary ideas that the human populations has not been expected to contemplate since it was discovered that the world was round and then that the moon and sun did not rotate around the earth…….

Something to be discussed over a pint or two.....

:beer::beer:

Are some aliens about to land or something? The 14th october has well and truly passed :001_tongue:

Do you remember the story about a taxi driver who called police and told them a dog was killing an old man the police shot the dog, then they found out the dog and owner worshiped each other and the old man had had a heart attack and the dog was trying to revive him. humans seem to make a habit of jumping in without thinking. and as for dirty dogs try bathing them and cleaning teeth then you can give them a big snog:001_smile:

Yes look at the armed forces (under orders) attacking people unprovoked in Afganistan and Iraq. thousands and thousands of children killed by allied ordinance. No poppies for them either.

Golly the world is a mess. We need super heroes in capes.

i take it you're a consciencious objector jason? attacking people unprovoked maybe,but also being killed themselves willy nilly for 200 quid a week.anybody fancy swapping with them?..............................no,i thought not