Racist Tram Rant

Big J

I'm sure that many of you have seen the media coverage regarding the woman ranting on the tram in the past week or two. I thought that I would watch the video itself and it's pretty horrifying:

Caution - very poor and offensive language from the start.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8]My Tram Experience - YouTube[/ame]

What on earth can you actually do with people like this? They are so embittered by their own shortcomings that they lash out at anyone they can scapegoat for their problems. And worst of all, what is the poor child sat on her lap going to end up like? :thumbdown:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the kid's reaction, or lack of, is so sad ; that kind of behaviour is the norm for him it seems. The woman's spending Crimble inside on remand, probably for her own protection as much as anything - there's a lot of bad feeling locally - but also for psychiatric assessment.

Jon

She's not very pleasant is she..... I can think of lots of ways to clean the likes of her from the gene pool....

I would dispute the fact that Britain is shining example of a fully functioning multi-cultural society. I don't think it's possible and I don't believe we should be constantly forced to adapt our way of life to enable non native cultures to share equal standing with our natural Christian / Pagan way of life. To live in this country should require basic rules to be followed - learn the language, follow our holidays & respect our attitudes and belief systems, not isolate yourself in a little bit of home on the backstreets of Britain. That turns me off as much as 'The Royal Oak' in the Mediterranean....!

However, flat out racism like this is a sad indictment of the generally low standard of intelligence amongst many members of our population. How does she know that all the people on that tram don't live a better life than she does...?

I think we can all probably agree she's a shocking disgrace and really, she shouldn't be allowed to bring up that poor child with such venom being introduced into his blood...

Just watched the entire video, that was some interesting train ride!. That aside the mother with child on her lap was pretty bitter at anyone within ear shot and she was not going to let up until she had spoke most if not all of her mind. Real pity stands with the next generation on her lap soaking all up like a sponge. Here in the states we have bitter folks exchanging verbal barbs like that all the time and sometimes worse. The media here takes it all in and creates reality shows that cater to bitter folks and the cycle continues. I do not believe the mother and child will ever be happy and play the part of bitter folks where ever they can. More than likely generational, regrettably.

easy-lift guy

TBH i couldnt watch it to the end. It was too much like being in a cornish pub. Unbelievable.

And on a thread about ignorant racism - oh, the irony...:001_rolleyes:

To be honest though,I rarely hear a Cornish accent in Cornish pub these days - usually some Cockney or other 'lifestyle' refugee holding court about the thick locals, and whining about how where they come from has been ruined by '' all them immigrants, mate''.:sneaky2: