loyal customers?

Logrover

I imagine that some people will just get the cheapest so not come back to you and if there is a problem then they would also just go elsewhere so i think its hard to get log feedback unless from a loyal financialy stable customer base without taking any new customers which i think would be madness if you have the volume of wood! Anyway why would it be stealing others business? Business is not personal, if it worked on the basis of not competing then it would nt work at all surely as every new business would need to create its own customers :confused1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway i call them back soon as i leave site and get the we ve already ordered some.............:001_rolleyes: so it seems you need to reply straight away and deliver maybe.....:001_tt2: Anyway i think i was a panic order due to the snow!

Dont worry, there will be plenty more to come. A good firewood supply business takes time to acheive a good client base.

These are actually the type of customer I hate and would rather not supply. If you are doing firewood as a secondary business as it sounds like you are (and me too), you need a steady customer base that will appreciate your quality logs.

That is, possibly higher priced, but top end quality with a lesser bulk turn over per annum. (you can sill earn as much that way from a smaller turn over)

This is a different client IMO that demands the cheapest firewood there and then and expects it delivered tomorrow. This type are the ones that will drop you as easily as pick you up. A very unreliable long term investment IMO.

no one said the customer in the original post was after the cheapest deal. We will never know, if the right questions were in place at point of contact, the customer would then be put in a category and then dealt with in a certain way that suits their personality. Unless the person answering the phone is trained then so many customers will slip through the net.

Rover, the lady that called me thought i supplied them, i told them i hadnt. Straight away she apologised, i said no probs, i wouldnt like to take business away from someone they were happy with, then then said they were happy with them, she then mentioned delivery method, i mentioned mine so that confirmed her mistake. at no time did she ask for my price, if i would deliver her some, she had just made a mistake.

I told her i had a delivery close to her tomorrow and if she wanted logs let me know.

Business is business but we do have our own morals at the end of the day

Steve I bet you sleep well at night! What goes around comes around and should that Lady need a new firewood supplier I'm sure she will find you again.

I can relate to this,it wasn't with logs but it was in business and the priciple was much the same,by the way The Person did get back to me!